Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think because you are a mom you have to dress a certain way?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:44 PM
  • 83 Replies
I just got in a heated discussion with my mom about my up coming shopping spree! Since I live 3 hours from the city I always plan out what I want to get for the most part and since summer is coming I need new summer stuff! My summer style is beach bum kinda so cropped tops or loose tanks with a bikini and short shorts or skirts. And I have a belly button piercing so I love showing it off! Since I'm 18 I think it's appropriate but my mom gave me a huge lecture that I am a crappy mom if I dress like that and that a mom is to stay completely covered and I must take my piercing out!

So my question do you feel that because your a mom you have to look a certain way?
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:46 PM
4 moms liked this

I dress in what I like, and what is comfortable. I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks about it. That being said...I don't dress a certain way because I'm a mom. But I do dress a certain way because of my age. I don't think someone my age should be dressing how you do.

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:46 PM

50 years ago, your mom would have been right.

Now?  Dress to your comfort and as long as you're not totally obscene, fuck what other people say. 

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:47 PM
So you wear what most 18 year old teen/young women wear in the summer.
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I'm not in the business of policing peoples' clothing choices.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:48 PM

i dress however i feel comfortable but my mom dresses that way and it kinda freaks me out but hell she adult and she can do what she wants

im 21 and have 2 kids so i dress covered but if i had my teenage body bck hell yeah i would be uncovered more

also my mom is early 40s and still has a 16 year old at home

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:48 PM
3 moms liked this
Well, I think age is a relevant factor here. An 18 year old moms fashion is going to differ from a 30 something mom. I hope anyway.
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Quoting nerdymom28:

I dress in what I like, and what is comfortable. I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks about it. That being said...I don't dress a certain way because I'm a mom. But I do dress a certain way because of my age. I don't think someone my age should be dressing how you do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
can_can21
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:50 PM

As long as your child is taken care of and you're a good mom, you're doing alright. Clothes don't make the mom. You can wear whatever you want. Just because you're a mom doesn't mean you're relegated to a lifetime of high-waisted jeans and baggy sweaters. 

redneckmommy25
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:50 PM
That's what I thought!!

Quoting olliesmommy2: Well, I think age is a relevant factor here. An 18 year old moms fashion is going to differ from a 30 something mom. I hope anyway.
LuvmyAiden
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I dress in what I want unless I will have my child with me and it would embarrasse them. Or if I'm at a game or school event I dress more conservative. I try to respect my kids feelings and who wants their mom to be the hoochy everyone is staring at?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)