Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stressed out!! EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I'm so stressed out. I'm newly single and trying to do things on my own. I get paid 9hr and work 40-55 a week. My rent alone is 1040 a month its what is cheapbaround here. I'd move but you have to pay any fees before any other place will rent to you. So coming up with all that is a lot more then my rent.
Anyways, this month I am 40 short and if I don't give it to them before tomorrow then it will be off to court and I'll need 250 more. I have asked everyone I know and they are all tight on money too. I can't take out any loans and I've already gotten help from the church that helps my area. I'm out of ideas. I don't have anything really worth any value that would even sell quick enough.
I applied for food stamps and I don't qualify even though I don't even make enough to pay rent. She told me to not bother with TANF or leap I won't qualify. I can only make1250 before taxes to qualify I make 1300-1400 before takes and 1000 after.

Sorry I had to vent. Oh and if I end up homeless I have no where to go except a hotel for maybe a fee nights a week

Edit: I do not smoke cigarettes I smoke weed which I get for free from a friend who grows it
How can I get a second job I work 5am till 4-6pm I'm about to be management which will put me at working 60-80 a week. I can't find a new place until I pay off this one then I'd have to pay for a new place which most require to either pay three months advance or make 3 times the amount of rent. I've looked around nothing is much cheaper then my place. I live in what is considered the lower grade ghetto of my area. Its not cheap around here.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
You can donate plasma for 50.00
abrine7673
by Awesome Possum on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:00 PM
How many kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:02 PM
I smoke though I'm not sure if they allow that.

Quoting Anonymous: You can donate plasma for 50.00
abrine7673
by Awesome Possum on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Not here. You have to drive 50 miles one way to donate and you get about $30. If you're lucky you aren't paying out for the gas to drive to it

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:03 PM
I have 2 kids but they live with their father because 3 years ago I ended up living on the streets.

Quoting abrine7673: How many kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:04 PM
The closest one to me is the same distance and they pay 45 which yes is what I need but I don't drive so using the buss would take some money.

Quoting abrine7673: Not here. You have to drive 50 miles one way to donate and you get about $30. If you're lucky you aren't paying out for the gas to drive to it

abrine7673
by Awesome Possum on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:05 PM
I'd try homeless shelters for a while. Save up money and see about a cheaper place or moving in with a friend.

Quoting Anonymous: I have 2 kids but they live with their father because 3 years ago I ended up living on the streets.

Quoting abrine7673: How many kids?
donnag013
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you need a place with a roommate, so you can split costs. Minimum wage was not designed to live on. Where do you live?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 1:06 PM
4 moms liked this

YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY FOR RENT AND YOU SMOKE??????

Quoting Anonymous: I smoke though I'm not sure if they allow that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)