Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She doesnt have a car seat for her 3 year old =/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 377 Replies

We went to the zoo with a girl from work who I am starting to become friends with. 

She has 3 kids 2 8 month olds and a 3 year old

She needed help unloading and I was surprised to see that her 3 year old DD had no car seat! I was pretty shocked as her DD is tiny and I was just speechless at first

I brought it up later asking why she didnt have a car seat...she said she cant afford to get 3 more car seats (the ones she has for the twins are too big so another one cant fit) so her DD just goes without one. We talked about safety a little but she said she doesnt have another option

I looked it up online and apparently here in AZ it is not illegal. I guess I always thought you had to be a certain age, height, and weight to be out of a car seat 

ETA so I can recieve more help

Her car is very small...she has to get 3 new car seats for them to all be able to fit they are all $100+  which is why she cant afford it

No other seats will fit in the back the girl was barely able to fit and she was squished between them

The car is older and you cant turn the airbags off. I dont think the front is any safer 

ETA2: she can get many free car seats but none that will make it so all three will fit in her car 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

send her to www.safekids.org

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Fucking idiot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:10 PM
8 moms liked this
At least show her that boosters are about ten bucks. It's better than nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:11 PM

She cant fit anything in her car unless she gets three new ones....the seats she has are very bulky as it is not even a boster would fit...the little girl barely fit between them =/

Quoting B1Bomber: At least show her that boosters are about ten bucks. It's better than nothing.

bethpelle
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM
If she works she could get 3 used car seats hell even new ones at walmart for maybe $120 total.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Sigh..
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Her car is tiny...she found some online that would fit but they are more like $120 each

We both work part time so I know she doesnt make that much. 

Quoting bethpelle: If she works she could get 3 used car seats hell even new ones at walmart for maybe $120 total.

kodasmommie25
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:15 PM
It's not illegal here in AZ that's crazy I totally thought till they were a certain age weight or height. I understand she is struggling but that's her DD life. Go to the fire station or a second hand mother store there's things she can do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

This thing is small

I know backless boosters are not ideal for a 3year old

Mine is still rf at 3

But it is better than nothing
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:17 PM

She found a few different seats that would work but all of them are over $100 and she cant afford it

She said she was saving up so hopefully it will happen soon but idk 

Quoting kodasmommie25: It's not illegal here in AZ that's crazy I totally thought till they were a certain age weight or height. I understand she is struggling but that's her DD life. Go to the fire station or a second hand mother store there's things she can do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)