Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am so f***ing sick of this!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
My children destroy everything I own! They treat my living room and the furniture like the goddamn playground, every day something new is broken, they have no respect for other people's property!!! One is only 2 duo that's understandable but my other son is almost 6 and I'm so sick of things being broken. Like yesterday it was the mirror in the hall, it's fucking almost 5ft off the ground and STILL it got knocked down. I'm constantly telling them to sit down and cut it out and there's a time and a place for everything etc but they ignore me. My ods will literally step on stuff if it's on the floor, not giving a flying fuck if he breaks it. It makes me so mad sometimes I wish I hadn't had kids so I can have a few nice fking things! We don't have a lot of money and I try really hard to have a nice house on a budget so nobody is embarrassed... I'm at a loss really..
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Bump
okeydokie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:35 PM
I wish I could tell you it gets better, but it doesn't. I have a 7,10, & 16 year olds. I miss having nice things.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Good luck!

Bump!
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I know what can help! A schedule! I run a licensed daycare out of my home. A schedule is a must to keep sanity! Mine and the kids! They know what to expect every day. I also have specific spaces for certain play and we only eat food (and drink)  at the table. They need reminders constantly. I ask them what the rules are. They also take part in helping me come up with the rules and consequences when they dont follow the rules. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Ground him/put him in time out every time don't let him get by for the littlest things. That doesn't work maybe try braking one of his toys in front of him and throw it away and explain that if he brakes your stuff you'll brake his and you will not buy any more till he changes. Just saying right now I have a 3 year old who thinks she's a teenager lol I'm constantly getting eyerolls and she is really good at ignoring me so she sits in time out a few times a day but I explain every time to her why she's got to sit there. Good luck
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Harsher punishment? Ds3 went through a phrase of breaking toys and ripping books on purpose so I confiscated his favourite toys and made his throw out the broken ones himself.
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:38 PM

lol well you could atleast lie about it. j/k OP i have the same problem here. I have 3 boys and 1 girl 6 and under. somedays I feel like just throwing everything out.

Quoting okeydokie: I wish I could tell you it gets better, but it doesn't. I have a 7,10, & 16 year olds. I miss having nice things.

Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:39 PM
If he breaks something put him in a timeout and if that doesn't work start making him give his toys away to kids who don't have toys.

He will rethink his behavior if he has nothing.
Moonbabylove
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Take them outside to play?
Bubsy
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I'm really not trying to sound bitchy or condescending but have you tried disciplining them? I only ask because your op said nothing about how they get punished for acting out. Personally, for every thing they break I would take away something they love like a favorite toy. Or put them in time out for a set amount of time every time you ask them to settle down and they ignore you. Sorry you're frustrated, mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN