Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just how important is Religion?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I was born into the Catholic religion, until my parents decided to divorce, but between the back & forth fighting my Aunt & Uncle took me in and  started to raise in the Methodist religion. Then my dad took me back and his wife insisted that I be raised as a Baptist. Fast forward to when I get married, my DH was raised as a Jehovah Witness (but before we met he left the religion). But we still have to deal with the in laws who still practice.

I've been through so much in my life I'm not really sure what I believe anymore. Yes, I believe in a higher power and it doesn't really matter to me what His/Her name is. What I believe in is treating people the way that I would like to be treated. You put positive energy out into the world you will receive positive energy back. Throw negative energy out there expect it to come back and bite you in the ass.

And yes, my children have been introduced to religion.

So, just how important is religion in marriage, raising a family and day to day life? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flibbertygibbet
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:05 PM
I am non denominational Christian.
I am not sure what your asking.
Are you asking how important is it to be a Christian or how important each church is?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Just how important is it that I find a regular church? Do I really need one?

Quoting flibbertygibbet: I am non denominational Christian. I am not sure what your asking. Are you asking how important is it to be a Christian or how important each church is?

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:07 PM

you sound more like a Buddhist . But ...be whatever you want and define your beliefs however you want. 

I'm an atheist . So I don't think its important at all.

redneckmommy25
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:08 PM
I personally feel that it's up to you but in a marriage, family it should be respected if the beliefs may be different.

For example I'm Christian and my bf was raised without religion and we respect each other's belief and decide that H will grow up knowing that mommy is Christian and that daddy chooses not to be!
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:08 PM
I suppose that depends on the person. Faith is a personal thing.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this

You relationship with God is what is important, if you find a religion/church that fits you, that's just a bonus :)

caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:10 PM

In my marriage? Extremely important. My husband and I are atheists. There's no religion in my home and religion won't be a factor in my kid's life. 

It's up to each individual how much of a role religion plays in their life. It's not for anyone else to decide.

Heisenberg
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I'm an atheist and a Buddhist. I don't think religion is important at all in a marriage and raising a family. I think personal philosophy is, but you dont' need religion for that.

redneckmommy25
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:10 PM
I don't understand denominations! I go to the church I feel most comfortable in! The denomination doesn't matter

Quoting Anonymous:

Just how important is it that I find a regular church? Do I really need one?

Quoting flibbertygibbet: I am non denominational Christian. I am not sure what your asking. Are you asking how important is it to be a Christian or how important each church is?

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM
I'm not religious. I was also raised Catholic. Dh is LDS but he doesn't go to church. My fil has tried to convert me but all it did was piss me off and I avoided my in laws for awhile.

Religion is not important to me. However, I want to find one of those groups that get together and teach bible stories but in a non religious way. They teach kids/other people about all religions and they teach tolerance. That's something I would like my kids to be a part of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)