Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

thyroid

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:05 PM
  • 19 Replies
For those of you who take thyroid meds at bedtime. .. How long after your last meal do you wait to take your medication? I'm thinking I need to switch from morning to night. Can you share your experience? I don't see my Dr until June. :/
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jacsmama022
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Sorry, no help here. I have to take mine in the morning.
EyEmTuRtLe
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Got nothin. I take mine in the AM.

GarysGirl85
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:08 PM

I take mine in the morning.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
If it's Synthroid, you're supposed to wait at least two hours after a meal or at least 30 minutes before a meal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
okeydokie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:10 PM
It's levothyroxine. But I think it's close to synthroid. Thanks for the response.

Quoting Nicoleb9: If it's Synthroid, you're supposed to wait at least two hours after a meal or at least 30 minutes before a meal.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Levo is just a generic version of Synthroid and the same eating rules apply.

Quoting okeydokie: It's levothyroxine. But I think it's close to synthroid. Thanks for the response.

Quoting Nicoleb9: If it's Synthroid, you're supposed to wait at least two hours after a meal or at least 30 minutes before a meal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:12 PM

My daughter takes hers whenever. Usually in the morning after breakfast, then sometime in the evening. I haven't noticed a difference at different times.

U.Wish.bish
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm on the same thing and I take my in the morning, but I was reading where you could take it 3-4 hours after your last meal. Why the switch?

Quoting okeydokie: It's levothyroxine. But I think it's close to synthroid. Thanks for the response.

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:15 PM

i take it in the morning 30 min before i eat.

also stay away from soy anything. if you do eat anything with soy wait until a few hours after taking meds.

okeydokie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Thanks. I've read up on it. I've heard that some people do much better just by switching when they take it. I'm not doing well on it now, so I think maybe if i change the time of taking, hopefully it will help. I can't possibly feel any worse.

Quoting Nicoleb9: Levo is just a generic version of Synthroid and the same eating rules apply.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)