Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is one aspect of my job I hate

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM
  • 13 Replies
The kiddo I nanny for is 4.5 and still needs naps. He and his sister rule the house and don't go to bed until 10-11 every night even on days they don't take naps.

He takes a nap for me every single day and he sleeps 3-4 hours because he needs it.

His parents want to wean him from naps so now he's only allowed to sleep 1.5 hours and in a month it will only be an hour.

I have to go wake him up in a few minutes and I hate it because he needs the sleep. Last night he went to sleep after midnight and was up at 6 am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadowcat76
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Wow. My 5 year old doesnt take naps and if he's not in bed by 8 the lastest he's a terror! Thats crazy...kids need sleep!

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:16 PM
If they are going to take him off naps then they need to be more firm about his bed time. He's going to be sick with so little sleep. Kids need their sleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Perhaps their theory is if he naps less time, he'll start heading to bed earlier? 

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Even without naps he doesn't go to bed until 10-11, his parents are divorced and so last summer mom took them for a week and then dad took them for a week and monkey didn't have any naps for 2 weeks and still didn't go to bed until 10-11 every night.

He and his sister are weird in that aspect, most children will eventually pass out even if you let them stay up but not these kids. At 3 his sister was staying up until 2 am most nights. I have never met any other kids that can do that but these two can.

Quoting Anonymous:

Perhaps their theory is if he naps less time, he'll start heading to bed earlier? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Not your kids, not your decision.  You are paid to do what you are told.  Wake him up.

You are not paid to broadcast your bosses' lives on the internet.  Get back to work.

mokeekee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Lots of kids can do that. In my house you're in bed at 8, if you're not tired then you can be not tired while in your bed staring at the ceiling.

Quoting Roxygurl: Even without naps he doesn't go to bed until 10-11, his parents are divorced and so last summer mom took them for a week and then dad took them for a week and monkey didn't have any naps for 2 weeks and still didn't go to bed until 10-11 every night.

He and his sister are weird in that aspect, most children will eventually pass out even if you let them stay up but not these kids. At 3 his sister was staying up until 2 am most nights. I have never met any other kids that can do that but these two can.

Quoting Anonymous:

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Awe ain't you a ray of sunshine...

Quoting Anonymous:

Not your kids, not your decision.  You are paid to do what you are told.  Wake him up.

You are not paid to broadcast your bosses' lives on the internet.  Get back to work.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Seriously.  Does your boss know the extent of their business that you put on the internet?

I'd be pissed, quite frankly.

You should take your job more seriously. Have a little respect for your employers. 

Quoting Roxygurl: Awe ain't you a ray of sunshine...
Quoting Anonymous:

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Damn. That would suck. My 3 year old isn't allowed to take naps anymore lol. A 30minute nap at 11am will cause her to be awake until 2am.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Roflmao!

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously.  Does your boss know the extent of their business that you put on the internet?

I'd be pissed, quite frankly.

You should take your job more seriously. Have a little respect for your employers. 

Quoting Roxygurl: Awe ain't you a ray of sunshine...

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN