Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So ladies, is the sink part of the job?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:31 PM
  • 23 Replies

In my house we rinse our dishes as we use them and put them right into the dishwasher. I hate having dirty dishes pile up in the sink! I always wash the sink out after I wash the dish because imo having peices of food sit there is gross. As far as I am conerned its part of the job. Hubby insists its not and that I need to do it when I clean the kitchen up at the end of the day. What do you ladies think?

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

It is part of rinsing your dish!Why would you rinse the food/debris off your plate only to leave the food/debris sitting in the sink stinking??

redhead-bedhead
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Of course it is. You drain the sink and then rinse it out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Yes
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Of course. Tell him if y'all get bugs, it's on him.
UpsideDown
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Absolutely. I always wash the sink out after I load the dishwasher. Sinks are just as much of a cesspool for germs as a toilet!

thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Lol, I know right? I think it doesn't bug him because he knows I will do it as soon as I notice it.

Quoting MrsApple:

It is part of rinsing your dish!Why would you rinse the food/debris off your plate only to leave the food/debris sitting in the sink stinking??

workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:35 PM

well, I let the dishes pile up, but usually it's only for a day or two, then I load the dishwasher. After I empty the sink completely, I always rinse the sink out good. 

suzanneyea
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I always wash everything when we are done. There are never dishes in my sink or any mess in my kitchen.

lizzie_ann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Rinsing the sink and making sure that the food particles make it down the drain is part of rinsing your dish(es). Actually cleaning and wiping the sink out is something different though. 

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I think you're right. And I'm so with you about not putting dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is right there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)