Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scared :( *IUD related*

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:52 PM
  • 73 Replies
I'm having my IUD removed Friday. I'm really nervous. They had trouble placing it and it was very painful. I'm afraid to Google..can anyone share their removal experience with me?
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

I've read stories of people pulling them out on their own at home without any pain. *cringes*

[bump]

wymama610
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:54 PM
If you're already scared, you don't want to know mine. Good luck!
Redcodex
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Oh man. Yeah, don't think I'm gonna go that route lol.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I've read stories of people pulling them out on their own at home without any pain. *cringes*

[bump]

applesauce_18
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Good luck I now have a scar in my belly button from getting mine removed.

Redcodex
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:56 PM
No, please share if you don't care to. I just didn't want to Google and see nothing but horror stories!

Quoting wymama610: If you're already scared, you don't want to know mine. Good luck!
Redcodex
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:57 PM
If you don't mind me asking, did they try removal by hand first and then something went wrong, or..?

Quoting applesauce_18:

Sweety1018
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:58 PM
I had mine removed and i got a pinch when he did but after that nothing. I had mine romved do to I had nothing but trouble on it. So I went to the depo now on birth contoral pills. Good luck.
nolongermstkn
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wymama610
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:01 AM
I had one for 3 years. It fucked me up and I wanted it gone. When I went in, the strings were curled and they couldn't get it. They called in the IUD guru, and she couldn't get it. A sonogram room was open, so we go in there. The guru spent an hour trying to get that hunk of shit out of my uterus. It had started to imbed. I was laying there, cursing like a sailor, and finally started to cry from the pain. She said she would stop and schedule surgery, but after all that I just wanted it out. She finally managed to get some tool around the thing, and yanked it out. I will NEVER insert anything in there again that doesn't belong.

I'd rather have my ovaries ripped out and burned before my eyes.

Like I said, good luck. Hopefully your experience won't be like mine.

Quoting Redcodex: No, please share if you don't care to. I just didn't want to Google and see nothing but horror stories!

Quoting wymama610: If you're already scared, you don't want to know mine. Good luck!
applesauce_18
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Quoting Redcodex: If you don't mind me asking, did they try removal by hand first and then something went wrong, or..?
Quoting applesauce_18:

Yes, first by hand then with these tong things. The ct scan showed the left prong had almost perforated my uterus. There was so much pain with them pulling they stopped right away. There is not supposed to be pain when they pull it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)