Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Suck it up buttercup, if my dad can do it so can you!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 520 Replies
144 moms liked this
My dad is 77 years old. He gets up every morning at 6/630, and works his butt off. He's always been self employed so he might be on his tractor all day or up the road helping a neighbor build a shed, either way he will be out working PERIOD. Thats the kind of man he is. His generation wasnt given an option, you get your ass to work come hell or highwater. "disabled" referred to someone physically incapable of doing anything. (As in quadrapalegic being fed by a tube disabled). The whole "Excruciating pain and PTSD from when I stubbed my pinky toe 2 years ago make it impossible for me to work" type of bullshit wouldnt fly back then. Sadly my dad is part of a dying breed...the ethics of his time are totally foreign to the current generation.

Eta: Since this has turned into a personal crusade for many of you to defend yourself and your choices, let me clarify a few things. "Disabled" is not a term to be used lightly, having social anxiety is not a disability for example. Work ethic in this society is NOT what it use to be plain and simple. It is all too easy for ANYBODY to cry "disability" and not work, nobody's going to say a damn word about it though because it's not PC to say anything. How about you be mad at THOSE people? The ones who use their illness or "condition" as a crutch so they dont have to work. Yes it happens, like it or not
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:00 AM
Bump
Anonymous
B
Anonymous
U
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:01 AM
M
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:01 AM
P
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:01 AM
good for him
shiny76
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:01 AM
So true
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:02 AM
25 moms liked this

i jammed my pinky toe so bad that seven years later, it was still tender. even after it stopped hurting, i was so used to it hurting that i would treat it very gingerly.

the nail still grows in all gross and thick.

want to see a picture??

edit - i put a picture up on pg 20 for all the weirdos wanting to see it. you guys are gross! ;p

newmom121812
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I got nothing good luck with this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanD
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:02 AM
3 moms liked this
Ummm ok... Feel better now that you got that off your chest?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN