Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should OBs have a right to do this?!?!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:01 PM
  • 610 Replies
18 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Saw this on facebook. Not sure if its real or fake. I agree with it, what do you think?

Eta: Oh shit I'm featured!
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Buttnonym0us
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Bump
Marie_Edelman2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:03 PM
78 moms liked this
Why shouldn't they be allowed to do this is a better question.
o.O....
by Cara on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:03 PM
27 moms liked this
They can do what they want- the mother can choose a new doctor if she doesn't like it:
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM
29 moms liked this
The Supreme Court already ruled that it violates your 4th amendment right and that the hospital needs consent from the mother.

https://www.drugfree.org/join-together/addiction/supreme-court-rules-against-2

In a 6-3 ruling, the court said drug testing by a public hospital in Charleston, S.C., violated the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution — which bars unreasonable search and seizure — even though the hospital was trying to prevent women from harming their fetuses by using crack cocaine.

Under the Constitution, if women don't agree to the tests, a warrant is necessary, the court ruled. The justices asked a lower court to determine whether the patients actually consented to the tests.

Writing for the court, Justice John Paul Stevens said: "While the ultimate goal of the program may well have been to get the women in question into substance abuse treatment and off of drugs, the immediate objective of the searches was to generate evidence for law enforcement purposes in order to reach that goal."

When hospitals gather evidence of possible illegal activity from their patients, "they have a special obligation to make sure that the patients are fully informed about their constitutional rights," Stevens said.

Stevens' opinion was joined by Justices Sandra Day O'Connor, David H. Souter, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen G. Breyer. Justice Anthony M. Kennedy filed a separate opinion concluding the drug tests were unconstitutional.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93769
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, absolutely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM
7 moms liked this
Of course, with the amount of a doctors malpractice insurance it's in their best interest to know everything that can complicate a pregnancy.
.PilesOfLaundry
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:05 PM
22 moms liked this

i think it's a great idea, and should have been done along time ago,maybe more kids could have been saved and not addicted to drugs/let alone other kids living at the home having to be around it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:05 PM
17 moms liked this

I support it.  Dont' use drugs while you're pregnant. Or any time for that matter. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:06 PM
5 moms liked this
I wouldn't use that OB.

jessica4212011
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:06 PM
4 moms liked this

I honestly don't see a problem with it. Yes yes its still your body even though your pregnant but ur responsible for a growing life inside you and you shouldn't be doing drugs and if u test positive for them and continue to test positive then yes cps should intervene and take the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)