Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wow..I can't believe this. Wwyd?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:38 PM
  • 419 Replies
38 moms liked this
My Mum and I have been planning a trip to Disneyworld for the past year or so. We're taking the 2 oldest girls so it will be like a Disney girls getaway. My DH is staying home with the youngest.

So we've planned to do the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique, the princess meet and greet lunch, the Halloween party (we're going in October), a couple days at the beach and tons of other stuff.

I've been saving up for a while as we're in Canada so the flights alone are pretty expensive. My Mum called me today to tell me that everything (flights, hotel, meals, bibbidy bobbidy boutique, park passes etc etc..everything) has been booked and paid for. She told me it's something she really wanted to do for us and she never had any intention of me paying for anything. I can't believe it. :') She's taking me shopping soon for a new wardrobe too since I've lost a lot of weight and I have no warm weather clothes. I'm so excited!

The girls have NO idea we're going and now we're just trying to decide.... tell them ahead of time and let them count down to the trip? Or keep it a secret and just show up in Florida? They are 7 and 3. Both are going to freak OUT either way. So wwyd??
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:39 PM
62 moms liked this
If you tell them, wait until the week or so before. Otherwise, they will ask you 525,600 times a day until October.
amy1will
by Amethyst on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:39 PM
4 moms liked this
Omgosh how awesome. Have fun!! Your mom sounds like a awesome lady!!

I would wait till its closer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:40 PM
7 moms liked this
That's really sweet of her. Do a scavenger hunt count down with the kids the week or so before and let them guess!!
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:40 PM
3 moms liked this

How wonderful. Personally I don't like surprises because I really enjoy the anticipation, so for that reason I'd tell them. 

CountryMom2014
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow that's amazing. I would wait to tell them or they'll ask you every day if it's time to go lol.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this
LOL omg I didn't even think of that. My oldest asks me every day Monday-Thursday whem it will be Friday. I can imagine it being worse with Disneyworld. Lol

Quoting Anonymous: If you tell them, wait until the week or so before. Otherwise, they will ask you 525,600 times a day until October.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:42 PM

My mom would totally do something like that. You have an awesome mom. =P

Keep it a secret- it's so fun! We aren't going to Disney World this year but next week during spring break, we are going to Busch Gardens in Virginia and our kids have no idea. I've had so much fun planning and I'm excited for when they finally figure it out. We did the same thing when we went to Disneyland for their 6th birthday. They had no idea where we were going and they were so surprised and happy.

suzanneyea
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Think of a fun way to tell them this summer

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM
7 moms liked this

Id tell them the day we are going like "Guess what we are doing today?.....Going to Disney World!!!"

PeppermintyTea
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I tell my kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN