Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dating outside of race and religion..

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:39 PM
  • 500 Replies

Would you , do you, have you ever dated or married outside of your race or religion? What if you kids did?

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I did and I don't care at all.
Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I am, and I wouldn't care.

mom2thebestkid
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I did and do and My kids are biracial so I don't care who they date or marry.

southern.momof2
by Pirate on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM
4 moms liked this
DH is a christian, he believes in god but is not a member of a church. I am an atheist.

I don't care who my children date or marry as long as they are treated well.
xxBiteMExx
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM
I don't have a religion, also I'm Hispanic and my dh is black.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:45 PM
5 moms liked this

Religion is not a big deal because we don't go to church or have a certain religion.

I would never date outside my race and would not like my kids to either which will definitely be the unpoplular response here. I think we need to keep race separate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:45 PM
I have, I would not care.
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:45 PM
4 moms liked this

Race?  No problem.  I think I've only ever dated white guys, to be honest, but I would have no issue dating someone from another ethnic background (I'm married though, so yeah, lol).

Religion, though... that one's a bit different.  Yes, I wanted to marry someone who believed the same or similar to me in regards to spiritual beliefs.  I don't think there's anything wrong with others who choose a different course, but I wanted my potential spouse to (ideally) have very similar religious/spiritual beliefs as my self, or at the very least, be open minded enough to allow my beliefs (or a combination of our beliefs) to be what we raised our children around.

If he/she wasn't ok with my religion or spirituality, or they had a problem with raising children in these beliefs, then the relationship would never work out.

EDIT: My children can marry whomever they want... I don't care, as long as everyone is legal and consenting, haha.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I've done both. We like to let our kids be their own people so if that's what they want, fine. DH and I are the same race and religion but I dated plenty before him who were different races and religions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I agree.

Quoting Anonymous:

Religion is not a big deal because we don't go to church or have a certain religion.

I would never date outside my race and would not like my kids to either which will definitely be the unpoplular response here. I think we need to keep race separate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)