Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breaking up with someone after 2 years bc you realize you aren't ready to be in a relationship?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Is that a valid reason to break up with someone?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Of course.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:14 PM
4 moms liked this

I think thats a bullshit excuse.  If you arent ready to be in a relationship, you should have known that WAY before 2 years. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:17 PM
Going through that 2 year itch?
Delila12
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Yup. Besides, chances are that when you are ready, you won't be going back to the same person. Call it what it is, you don't really want to be with that person.

Quoting Stephd710:

I think thats a bullshit excuse.  If you arent ready to be in a relationship, you should have known that WAY before 2 years. 

MinglingMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM

It depends. Some people stay in a relationship because it's comfortable. I have a friend that was with someone for 6 years and they broke up because they realized they weren't ready to be serious. That same friend thinks that DH and I rushed our marriage when we had been together for two years. Everyone is different. 

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Same with this guy who broke up after six months saying he realizes be doesn't want to be a sf. Okay you couldn't tell me this before I invested my heart in this relationship? He has his own kids too...

Quoting Stephd710:

danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Any reason is a valid reason.

If you don't want to spend your time with someone, that's OK.
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:20 PM
I would think not after two years.. Maybe 2 weeks or 2 months though.
danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe it took him 6 months to realize he didn't want to spend his life with you and your kids.

That doesn't make him a bad person.

Should he have stayed and wasted more of your time to avoid hurt feelings?

Quoting MicheleJM: Same with this guy who broke up after six months saying he realizes be doesn't want to be a sf. Okay you couldn't tell me this before I invested my heart in this relationship? He has his own kids too...

Quoting Stephd710:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:21 PM
I know couples like that

Quoting MinglingMom:

It depends. Some people stay in a relationship because it's comfortable. I have a friend that was with someone for 6 years and they broke up because they realized they weren't ready to be serious. That same friend thinks that DH and I rushed our marriage when we had been together for two years. Everyone is different. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)