Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So annoyed about the restaurant we went to last night with my son. What happened to customer service?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 348 Replies
My FIL had a heart attack yesterday afternoon. We rushed there with our 4 year old son, and he had surgery and was resting by 10pm. We drove back to his house to stay there and realized he had no food. We went out to get fast food or find a restaurant because my son was starving. The only place open by now around his house was a fancy italian restaurant.

We went in and sat down, all starving. Everything on the menu was very fancy and elaborate...they didn't even have plain spaghetti and meatballs. My son really wanted noodles with butter. He's a picky eater. I asked the waiter if they could make that and he said no, there are no substitutions or additions, the menu was it. I explained we'd had a hard day at the hospital and he just said no, sorry and shrugged.

I eventually had to order an expensive plate of chicken parmigiana and wipe off all the sauce so my son could have plain chicken. We didn't leave a tip and I'm going to leave a bad yelp review. Luckily, my FIL is doing better and we don't have to stay tonight, but I thought it was so ridiculous to be so non accommodating.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Apr. 10, 2014 at 2:58 PM
93 moms liked this
It's ridiculous to think you deserve special treatment.
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:02 PM
20 moms liked this

I am sorry about your father in law, but they can't defy their bosses orders because of you had a rough day. It is not their fault that you allow your son to be picky, teach him to eat whats served and you won't have an issue. They are a high scale restaurant, it is not their duty to accommodate your picky child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:32 PM
19 moms liked this

Yeah.. no. They have a menu for a reason. That's what they make. Not what your snowflake will only eat.

You could have found a corner store and grabbed a frozen pizza or box of cereal. 

Entitled much?? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:32 PM
I'd have to agree with this..

Quoting Danesmommy1: It's ridiculous to think you deserve special treatment.
melissaaytes
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM
7 moms liked this

Agreed!  The motto in our house is "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" Our 4 yr old dd runs around saying it when told no haha

Quoting lenashark:

I am sorry about your father in law, but they can't defy their bosses orders because of you had a rough day. It is not their fault that you allow your son to be picky, teach him to eat whats served and you won't have an issue. They are a high scale restaurant, it is not their duty to accommodate your picky child.

CafeMom Tickers
jjessers
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM
2 moms liked this
If it was a traditional restaurant no not a chain , they should have just made plain pasta with butter. It would have actually been easier for them.

Hope your FIL is doing ok now.
I wonder if they were being rude because of how late you came in. Although..... If that were the case, they should have never let you in in the first place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM
5 moms liked this

special orders don't upset the people at burger king.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:34 PM
LOL

good for them.
3pippings
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:34 PM
11 moms liked this

A good restaurant should be able to accommodate special requests. Maybe your waiter was just not trained enough to understand that. Or the restaurant had a grumpy chef :D

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Apr. 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM
9 moms liked this

you are the kind of person that goes to mcdonalds and wants a donut..and they better give it to you..a menu is what they have not a we have this and whatever you snowflakes want..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)