Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

where do lice come from?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I mean where do they come from? I know kid's are the most susceptible and I know where they like to hide and how people catch them from other people, but are there places they gather or breed outdoors or in certain places where people get them? If so, then where? My nephew's school has a lice epedemic I swear every couple months he gets sent home with a letter. I can't stand those fuckers! He only caught them once but when he did the process of washing, sanitizing, and dumping was literally exhausting and you never know if you missed a spot or if they are still somewhere around:/

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
mommaponch
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:35 PM

They just keep cycling around.  They live on us.  We are battling it this week.  My best friend and her kids got it and since it was the first time it had happened she didn't know what she was looking for and did not get it  all the first time.  We are clear, but we treated anyway.  I am exhausted.  I can't handle washing another damn load of laundry!

WahmSahm
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Tea tree oil works beautifully to get rid of the little monsters and quickly. 

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Those suckers have been around as long as mankind has.   People would shave their heads and wear wigs during the 1600's. 

ProudMommy_1034
by 2lilboogers on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:41 PM
That's disgusting .
Constant_Reader
by ~ curly mop on top ~ on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:42 PM
I've heard they are attracted to clorine pools and wild birds carry them. Don't know how true that is, just what I've heard.
Constant_Reader
by ~ curly mop on top ~ on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM
From the deepest darkest pits....

Quoting Kylie819: Hell
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM

That's a question that I've always been curious about as well, but have yet to find an answer.  They are nasty lil buggars though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Quoting mommaponch:

They just keep cycling around.  They live on us.  We are battling it this week.  My best friend and her kids got it and since it was the first time it had happened she didn't know what she was looking for and did not get it  all the first time.  We are clear, but we treated anyway.  I am exhausted.  I can't handle washing another damn load of laundry!

I know how you feel"/ the sanitizing is the worst I'm happy my nephew has short hair because picking out the nits..(barf) is also time consuming! Im sorry your going through it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM

The dirty vajayjays of the santimommies on here.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM

bump

i get a letter sent home at least twice every couple of months for lice at my sons school! thankfully he has never caugh tit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN