Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

where do lice come from?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I mean where do they come from? I know kid's are the most susceptible and I know where they like to hide and how people catch them from other people, but are there places they gather or breed outdoors or in certain places where people get them? If so, then where? My nephew's school has a lice epedemic I swear every couple months he gets sent home with a letter. I can't stand those fuckers! He only caught them once but when he did the process of washing, sanitizing, and dumping was literally exhausting and you never know if you missed a spot or if they are still somewhere around:/

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Quoting WahmSahm:

Tea tree oil works beautifully to get rid of the little monsters and quickly. 

I put it in shampoo as a repelling agent:) So far it has worked no sign of the little bastards yet.

Countess79
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:05 PM

According to David L Reed of the University of Florida the chimp and the ape. The pubic lice came from the ape and the head and body lice came from the chimp. Both adapted/evolved
Countess79
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:10 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_louse

Countess79
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Oh yes.. Tea Tree Oil is my main means of avoidance.. Plus I have boys.. so I keep them on close cut buzz cuts!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting WahmSahm:

Tea tree oil works beautifully to get rid of the little monsters and quickly. 

I put it in shampoo as a repelling agent:) So far it has worked no sign of the little bastards yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Quoting Countess79:

According to David L Reed of the University of Florida the chimp and the ape. The pubic lice came from the ape and the head and body lice came from the chimp. Both adapted/evolved

I never want to go to the zoo again lol I wonder how crabs transferred from an ape to a human.. barf! But then again thats how syphilis and aids came to be. Bestiality.

WahmSahm
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:11 PM

I used it as the lubricant with a carrier oil--like you'd use  any lice remover gel--and let it sit for about 30 minutes.  Then I used the comb as normal.  Also washed clothes with a cleaner that contains it and all the other stuff you have to do with the blankets, etc.  After that I used the oil in shampoo. 

It didn't necessarily stop my kids from getting it a couple times, but I was able to get rid of them fast with those methods.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:16 PM

probably same dam monkey... Who ever that jack ass was that did it.. needs to be exhumed from his grave.. and an atomic bomb blown up in his casket!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Countess79:

I never want to go to the zoo again lol I wonder how crabs transferred from an ape to a human.. barf! But then again thats how syphilis and aids came to be. Bestiality.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Lice have been around for centuries. They were found on egyptian mummies and we are still dealing with them today. Because there are so many chemicals and pesticides found in treatment products today lice are are becoming resistant/immune to them. Lice are getting stronger. They aren't going anywhere...at least not any time soon. If you need to get rid of lice I would recommend a natural product. I used ClearLice. It got rid of the lice and the lice eggs in one day.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Does the school have carpeting? That was a huge factor in the lice epidemic of third grade when I was a kid. 

69liliem10
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:26 AM

You fuckers, now I'm all itchy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)