Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

working moms come here

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I'm going to be filling out job apps tomorrow, I'm actually nervous to get hired. I'm not used to working and my feet hurt when I stand long periods. Please give me lots of tips for in the work place. Staying home is not an option. I'm a single mom and I want to be able to support my kids with my money.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Invest in good shoes and some dr scholls insoles.

Make sure you can arrange daycare for your children, employers don't like to hear that you can't come into work because you can't find a sitter. 

Never be late, that will make you look bad if you show up late and say it was because you are a single mom with kids. They don't give a shit about your personal life. 

And That's all i got right now. lol 

momofsix513
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:38 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:40 PM
As safe as it seems, you aren't supposed to lock your child in the dog cage while you're away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM
I don't get it, was this a joke?

Quoting Anonymous: As safe as it seems, you aren't supposed to lock your child in the dog cage while you're away.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Lol, yes she was joking.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't get it, was this a joke?
Quoting Anonymous: As safe as it seems, you aren't supposed to lock your child in the dog cage while you're away.

Aisleyne-MummyO
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Invest in some good shoes with supportive insoles. Even if they're ugly looking as long as they do the job. Soak your feet when they're really achey.
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Invest in some good shoes. Ask on here from nurses they work long hours and would have a good idea. When you interview look the person in the eye. When you are speaking make sure eye contact is held. As someone who does a lot of hiring if someone can not look at me when they speak I don't set up the second interview. Also smile and try to relax a bit. When you get hired make sure you show up on time and maybe even 5 minutes early. Do not call off unless it is absolutely necessary. Good luck it isn't easy but it is commendable that you want to step up and support your children.

Reese2010727
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I'd say look for an office job first.. that'd help in regards to your inability to stand long and time with yor babies. If you can't find that though, I'd say comfortable shoes for sure.  I'm a single mom too and I hope you have a dependable sitter or an amazing daycare.  I've been blessed with both so with that being said..always have a backup!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:14 PM
They will be in a licensed home daycare. A friend of the family. My son 6 months, always wants to be held, should I break that now?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)