Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you let your 5 year old in the same bathroom stall as you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies

Today we went out to do kid friendly stuff in Seattle. There are quite a few homeless people and whackos that hang out in seattle just like any area. The bathrooms were kindof secluded from the events going on and I obviously had to take my son into the bathroom with me 1 so i could see him and 2 because if he waited outside the door I wouldnt be able to hear him because of the way the bathroom was designed. I honestly dont trust people even in a womens bathroom so I brought my son into the stall with me so he cant run off and so no one could attempt to do anything. I dont know if im just paranoid but I was talking to my friend about it today and she thought it was inappropriate for me to allow my 5 year old in the same stall. Not something i would normally do but I felt i had to in that area and she also said "he should of at least faced away". I honestly didnt think of him doing that i was more worried about his safety and having to use the bathroom. Thats really the only thing i cared about. I dont understand why everything has to made into such a big deal by people. Its not like my son hasnt walked in on my using the bathroom before since we dont put a lock on our bathroom or bedroom doors incase our kids get hurt and we need to get to them. Would you have done the same thing or was what I did really wrong?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:47 AM

I would do the same thing as you. DS is 5, as well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:48 AM
Dd is 5 and always shares a stall with me
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:49 AM

Tell her to shove her opinion where the sun doesn't shine! It is none of her business or concern.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:50 AM

Yes under a certain age both genders will share a stall with me if no one else is around to help.

MiniGg.1987
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:52 AM
I would have done the same thing... u did the right thing
mommie_x0x
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:52 AM
My ds is 5 and he would be in there as well. Tell your friend to shove it up her ass
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Yes, I would.  I have had to take my SNs son into the stall with me and he is 11.  I pee discretely so I don't see it as inappropriate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 2:58 AM
It's not like u were showing him how to put in a tampon. ...u did the right thing don't listen to her...I have all.girls so.i always have them in the stall . but I would a boy too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:05 AM

I would have taken my child in with me too, regardless of their gender.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:10 AM
My daughter is 6 and I have just recently let her go into the stall on her own, and even then only sometimes, depending where we are, often she still comes in with me, safety is the most important thing to me, not if my child sees me doing something as natural as using the toliet!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN