Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Neighbor issues, barely moved in less than24 hours ago

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Sometime yesterday this cute little family moved into the house across the street. Mom, dad, son, daughter. Ds and I were outside playing so introduced ourselves. We live on a one way circle street, so houses are very close to the road. After we go in for lunch I hear this scream and go look and and the little boy had crashed his scooter in the road, the mom picked him up by his arm turned the scooter around and put him back on it and went in the house. I'm guess the boy is about 2 maybe 3. All while eating we hear her yell over and over "get out of the street" then I hear someone's tires squeal and a loud bang. I was so afraid he had gotten hit. Luckily he had only pushed his scooter into the car while it was going down the road. She grabs the scooter pops him on the head and puts him back on it. The driver was pissed. But I didn't see the outcome. After work I come home and they are fighting in the driveway, and finally just now someone is honking up a storm outside their house. At 3am this is not the time.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:40 AM
I can't imagine leaving ds2 alone outside to play.

Quoting MumsTheWord571: That's insane! One way street or not, at 3 he needs supervision. Period.
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Who isn't stressed out of their mind on moving day?  Give them a few days to settle in and child ut before assuming they will always be horrible neighbors.  Then, after a week, if things are still like this - call the police when there are cars honking at 3am and, if you really fear for the child(ren)'s safety, call CPS to check in on things.

Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:42 AM
Go for it. If he cant do anything, maybe he would know the people they got the house from and he would be able to let that person know to possibly keep an eye on them.

Quoting Anonymous: I think I'm going to speak to my landlord and see if he can do something about setting something up. He owns about 25% of the properties on the street

Quoting Alchemist_Momma: Maybe they are just settling in. Idk. Give it some time, and if things dont improve, try to set up a nightly watch group or something.

Quoting Anonymous: Yea, not so much :/

Quoting Alchemist_Momma: Not such a cute little family anymore are they?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:44 AM

If that happened in my HOA controlled prison of a neighborhood that house would back up for sale / rent in a matter of hours. 

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:44 AM
I don't even allow my 5 yr old outside alone to play! We live in a gated community but the only place to play is a driveway!

Quoting Anonymous: I can't imagine leaving ds2 alone outside to play.

Quoting MumsTheWord571: That's insane! One way street or not, at 3 he needs supervision. Period.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:44 AM
Stress and not taking care of your kid are different :(

Quoting TableforSeven:

Who isn't stressed out of their mind on moving day?  Give them a few days to settle in and child ut before assuming they will always be horrible neighbors.  Then, after a week, if things are still like this - call the police when there are cars honking at 3am and, if you really fear for the child(ren)'s safety, call CPS to check in on things.

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Maybe they are under the assumption that it is a quiet, rarely traveled road in the neighborhood.  You could always go over and give them the "low down" on the neighborhood - tell them how busy the road is, maybe point out where the playgrounds are....maybe even offer to watch their kids outside for a bit while they get settled in.

Quoting Anonymous: Stress and not taking care of your kid are different :(
Quoting TableforSeven:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:49 AM

They may be stressed out a bit because moving is stressful BUT they shouldn't have let the 2 year old outside alone. I would give them a week or so to settle in and if the situation is the same or gets worse then would contact the LL .

bklynmama716
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:52 AM
I've gone outside many a times in the middle of the night and told ppl to stfu when honking like maniacs! When I lived with my parents there was a drug dealer across the street and ppl would come at all times. I would say something to mom too about watching her kid.. I'm not the myob type lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:00 AM
After about 15 mins I went out there, it was the dad wanting the mom to come out. I asked him if knocking on the door was a no no for them. He told me to mind my own business so I called the cops and they got cited for disturbing the peace

Quoting bklynmama716: I've gone outside many a times in the middle of the night and told ppl to stfu when honking like maniacs! When I lived with my parents there was a drug dealer across the street and ppl would come at all times. I would say something to mom too about watching her kid.. I'm not the myob type lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)