Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They're Pimping Me Out!!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:39 PM
  • 80 Replies
1 mom liked this

To Sporting Goods!!! Fuck that! 

No one wants to work in Sporting Goods, not even the people who actually work there, which is why they called in today. So I go in to go to my little cashier box and my manager says "Hey Mel (calls me Mel now because he got sick of being told that my name is NOT Melanie), R and S called in today so can you go work Sporting Goods?" Wtf? I'm a cashier. I don't know anything about Sporting Goods. I don't do sports. I'm not trained for this! And worse, they started a new hire today and sent her over there with me ("Because Mel has worked here for seven years and she knows this store better than I do. She could be a manager if she wasn't so stubborn about it.") and expected me to know how to train her. We spent most of the day talking about books and wandering around trying to find where to put misplaced items (fyi, if you're one of the people who picks up something, decides not to buy it, and then sets it in a random spot, fuck you!) because I didn't know what to do or where anything went any more than she did. People keep asking me "Where do you have your xyz's?" or "Are these sleeping bags on sale?" and "Which of these tents do you recommend?" and I'm just like "Your guess is as good as mine." On the bright side, I rocked the cash register like there was no tomorrow. 

So today, I'm hating my job, hating my boss, and doubting every single one of my life choices. TGIF!

Who else had a rough day at work?

reading   playing soccer   boy n girl

Melody       Conner Wyatt and Tabitha

by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Congrats at being a lowly cashier. wow ya mama must be proud.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Be happy it was just for today. Think of the new hire and how they're first day was better working with you then having the regular employees train her.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

No one wants to work in Sporting Goods, not even the people who actually work there, which is why they called in today. So I go in to go to my little cashier box and my manager says "Hey Mel (calls me Mel now because he got sick of being told that my name is NOT Melanie), R and S called in today so can you go work Sporting Goods?" Wtf? I'm a cashier. I don't know anything about Sporting Goods. I don't do sports. I'm not trained for this! And worse, they started a new hire today and sent her over there with me ("Because Mel has worked here for seven years and she knows this store better than I do. She could be a manager if she wasn't so stubborn about it.") and expected me to know how to train her. We spent most of the day talking about books and wandering around trying to find where to put misplaced items (fyi, if you're one of the people who picks up something, decides not to buy it, and then sets it in a random spot, fuck you!) because I didn't know what to do or where anything went any more than she did. People keep asking me "Where do you have your xyz's?" or "Are these sleeping bags on sale?" and "Which of these tents do you recommend?" and I'm just like "Your guess is as good as mine." On the bright side, I rocked the cash register like there was no tomorrow. 

So today, I'm hating my job, hating my boss, and doubting every single one of my life choices. TGIF!

RocknRoll.Rose
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Who pissed in your Cherrios today? 

#1: My mother would not be proud. She wanted me to follow in her foot steps as a drug addict, prostitute, and child abuser. So yes, me working hard to take care of my family is a huge disappointment to her.

#2: There is nothing wrong with working for a living. I work hard to support my family, which is more than I can say for some people. 

#3: I'm actually working my way through college. Yep, in about 13 months, I will have my associates degree and then I'm going for my bachlors so I'm going to have a great career pretty soon. 

Quoting Anonymous:

RocknRoll.Rose
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I am happy it was just for today, lol. I hope the regular guys are back tomorrow because I do feel badly for her. I helped her as best I could but I don't know nothing about that area. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Be happy it was just for today. Think of the new hire and how they're first day was better working with you then having the regular employees train her.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

curvygurl1912
by Renee on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:48 PM
5 moms liked this

Congrats on being an asshole. I bet you got a proud momma too. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:49 PM
5 moms liked this

Well Mel, its difficult to feel sympathy for you when you're telling people fuck you.

That job of picking things up and finding its proper home is part of your job. Its actually reshop and its a good thing because it helps you to learn where the merchandise is in your store. That way when a customer comes to you and asks you a question you can give them an intelligent answer. I cant stand when retail workers bitch about customers. And on a further note when a customer asks you a question your response should be "i don't know but I will try to find someone who does" 

Id fire you ass in a heartbeat.

tcfla
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:49 PM

(fyi, if you're one of the people who picks up something, decides not to buy it, and then sets it in a random spot, fuck you!)

bahahahahahaha...that made me spit out my water. happy friday!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:52 PM

She is, she's proud I finished college, paid my way, married well and can now be a SAHW&M who speaks the truth.  

Quoting curvygurl1912:

Congrats on being an asshole. I bet you got a proud momma too. 

Quoting Anonymous:

RocknRoll.Rose
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I know how to handle the customers and I'm venting, yes, but that doesn't mean I'm not a damn good employee. The managers all love me and, as I said, they're actually wanting me for a managment position and I'm seriously considering taking it. Even though I give him attitude, my manager loves me and has told me numerous times that I'm the best cashier he's got. Yes, reshopping is my job but it is very frustrating thing to do so I'm venting. I know, in general, where everything is, but you can't expect an employee to know where every single solitary thing in the store belongs. And that whole "I'll find someone who does" wasn't working because there was NO ONE else back there which is why I spent a lot of time running around. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well Mel, its difficult to feel sympathy for you when you're telling people fuck you.

That job of picking things up and finding its proper home is part of your job. Its actually reshop and its a good thing because it helps you to learn where the merchandise is in your store. That way when a customer comes to you and asks you a question you can give them an intelligent answer. I cant stand when retail workers bitch about customers. And on a further note when a customer asks you a question your response should be "i don't know but I will try to find someone who does" 

Id fire you ass in a heartbeat.

WindBlownOracle
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Happy friday everyone, I think we could all do with some wine. Cheers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)