Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For Moms who have had a tubal. Please help.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
Did you have any after symptoms? Do you have any ongoing symptoms from the procedure? I've been researching and trying to decide if it's the right decision for me. I keep running across this thing called post tubal ligation syndrome and it's making me have some reservations. Any and all comments welcome. Thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vbway
by Valerie on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Not a single symptom. Glad I did it. 

Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:58 PM
I've had it done. No side effects. Mine was done 11 years ago.
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:00 PM

several side effects, from wonky periods to a hernia.

poshkat
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Just heavier periods, nothing I can't deal with
katydid150
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:03 PM

No problems at all. Glad to have it done. 

lildylant
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:04 PM
I had one done 5 years ago. I have found that my periods are worse and i also have early menopause symptoms. I'm not sure if it is actually from the tubal but when I have brought it to my doctors attention they said that the tubal could be the reason. However, all in all it was the best decision I made. I really think everything on life has risks and everyone may be affected differently. But with the tubal I think the risks are pretty low.....I never heard of post tubal syndrome??? What does it say? What are the chances I getting it? I think if anything was really too bad they wouldn't continue doing it all the time:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:04 PM
I had mine done Feb 2013. So a little over a year. The only change I noticed is a huge change my emotions a week before my period is due. It's like a roller coasters. I'm sad and angry. It's pretty severe. I'm thinking about seeking help to see if there is anything we can do. It makes me so miserable for that week. Towards the end of my period I feel normal again like a weight was lifted. Repeat. Every months. I'm 32. This started after my tubal ligation.

Other wise I love my tubal. Worry free sex is awesome. I know with out a doubt I am done. I have 4 kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:04 PM

I had mine done almost 8 years ago.  Aside from a little more cramping/tenderness when I ovulate, I have no side effects.   I would do it again.  Maybe I didn't educate myself well beforehand but I've never heard of post tubal ligation syndrome.  My doctors never mentioned it either.  

bjw_053109
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:10 PM
I had mine done a little over a year and a half ago. My periods didn't get any heavier but my cycle changed. I went from a typical 28 day cycle to a 21 day cycle but it's still regular.
SandyLaxner
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:16 PM

no problems at all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN