Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confessions of a GameStop manager ETA (again)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 607 Replies
21 moms liked this
I guess I'll join in on the confession trend. Plus, there's things you gamers, mothers of gamers, and wives of gamers need to know.

I really DO judge you, harshly, when you're buying Grand Theft Auto for your 10 year old. When I ask, "are you aware that this game has a mature rating for language, violence, sexual content, and drug use?" and you just say yes like all is well, I wonder...

I am NOT a babysitter! I'm not okay with your brat playing the playstation demo while you get your nails done!

I know it's your husband. I see you glaring at me. I have no shame in flirting with him if it means an up-sale.

I am not tech support. I don't know what's wrong with your Xbox. I am also not a strategy guide. I don't know what you need to do half way through Dishonored.

Most of the crap I recommend, I've never played. I've just heard enough about it to be able to pretend. You'd be surprised how many games I sell off personal recommendations that have never been in my house.

I'm not giving you my discount, stop trying to be my friend.

You Pokemon nerds are weird.

I can't change the value of your trade-in. I know you paid $60 for it and I'm offering you $7. There really isn't much demand for the CoD that you bought 5 years ago.

I work 60 hours a week. I have two kids, a husband, and a life. I'm not even a gamer besides PC gaming. I have one system and I play about 2 hours of games per week (usually Minecraft with my kid).

Edit: I love my job. I love the super passionate gamer nerds. It's not all negative.

We have to legally tell you about the rating if you have a kid with you and we will ID you if you look under 30.

'Flirting' means smiling and laughing. I don't act like a whore. I wouldn't be a manager if I did. I don't initiate it, that would be stupid. If a guy starts acting flirty I do it back. It's called making the sale and it works. I've turned a $60 purchase into a $300 purchase many times. It works. Stop getting your panties in a bunch. I'm happily married. I don't want your man.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
L202M
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:42 AM
3 moms liked this

The babysitting thing would really piss me off too.

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM
6 moms liked this

Just to let you know, you're my son's favorite person in the whole wide world. ;-)

(And no, he wasn't allowed to get GTA when he was 10.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM
2 moms liked this
Is the ps4 really as backwards compatible as they're saying? I wasn't to upgrade but I don't want to invest in too many games right away.

Will my PS3 versions of assassins creed4 and skyrim run without getting buggered? What about the Disney infinity?
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM
5 moms liked this

I would never trust my tech questions to a game stop employee. LOL Or recommendations. I usually go int here knowing what I want.

Tho I was disappointed when they couldnt help me with disney infinity during Christmas. I went to Toys r us instead and the kid there was able to answer my basic questions.

Photo: -Randi.

mokeekee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM
15 moms liked this
My husband probably thinks you're ugly. Flirt away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM
You have no idea. These are like 6 year olds, too. In there running around messing things up for an hour.

Quoting L202M:

The babysitting thing would really piss me off too.

TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM
37 moms liked this
I'm not dumb. I can read. Don't ask me if I know it has a Mature rating if you don't want a answer. I'm an adult. It's none of your business who I am buying it for.
TygrrEyz
by Marie on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM
My boyfriend drags me into GameStop at least once a week. He actually did buy GTA for his 11 year old. My boyfriend played it first and ended up keeping it and buying his son Assassins Creed Black Flag. Unfortunately his son's mom ended up buying it for him even after my boyfriend told her all about it. :/
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM
64 moms liked this

Dear GameStop Manager,

This isn't news to me.

I knew you weren't a gamer after talking to you for 2 minutes. I hate that you guys took over EB Games because let's face it, they were way better. I hate the corporate feel of your store and it's irritating you can't get a pre order right.

You guys are less then friendly and not knowledgeable about consoles, controllers or games.

Please just stop pretending.

PS.

I'll buy whatever fucking game I want for my child. I can read and I know what it's rated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I worked at game stop and gave two shits less what people bought. Imagine that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN