Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confessions of a GameStop manager ETA (again)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I guess I'll join in on the confession trend. Plus, there's things you gamers, mothers of gamers, and wives of gamers need to know.

I really DO judge you, harshly, when you're buying Grand Theft Auto for your 10 year old. When I ask, "are you aware that this game has a mature rating for language, violence, sexual content, and drug use?" and you just say yes like all is well, I wonder...

I am NOT a babysitter! I'm not okay with your brat playing the playstation demo while you get your nails done!

I know it's your husband. I see you glaring at me. I have no shame in flirting with him if it means an up-sale.

I am not tech support. I don't know what's wrong with your Xbox. I am also not a strategy guide. I don't know what you need to do half way through Dishonored.

Most of the crap I recommend, I've never played. I've just heard enough about it to be able to pretend. You'd be surprised how many games I sell off personal recommendations that have never been in my house.

I'm not giving you my discount, stop trying to be my friend.

You Pokemon nerds are weird.

I can't change the value of your trade-in. I know you paid $60 for it and I'm offering you $7. There really isn't much demand for the CoD that you bought 5 years ago.

I work 60 hours a week. I have two kids, a husband, and a life. I'm not even a gamer besides PC gaming. I have one system and I play about 2 hours of games per week (usually Minecraft with my kid).

Edit: I love my job. I love the super passionate gamer nerds. It's not all negative.

We have to legally tell you about the rating if you have a kid with you and we will ID you if you look under 30.

'Flirting' means smiling and laughing. I don't act like a whore. I wouldn't be a manager if I did. I don't initiate it, that would be stupid. If a guy starts acting flirty I do it back. It's called making the sale and it works. I've turned a $60 purchase into a $300 purchase many times. It works. Stop getting your panties in a bunch. I'm happily married. I don't want your man.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Replies (31-40):
Pokemon_Lover
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM
4 moms liked this
Why are Pokemon nerds weird?
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My family loves Pokemon. Minecraft is pretty cool too but, DH doesn't find it as interesting. All of us are able to enjoy playing Pokemon and that is how we spend our family game nights.
poshkat
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Mazie0723: The Gamestops near me have amazing employees who know what the fuck they are talking about and if they dont they are honest about it.

Quoting Anonymous: FYI, gamestop employees don't get paid enough to care, which explains their behave and this post.

Quoting poshkat: Do you have an positive comments? My husband takes our son to game stop to trade in his 3DS games and he brings up his games to the register and pays for them with money we give him or hesaves up. Do those people annoy you? He also asks questions about merchandise, does that annoy you also?

They're like that at the gamestop we go to. Friendly, always willing to look up something or suggest something when they see what we're looking at. Op, you don't seem to like your job very much. Notsaying you should quit but maybe a video game store is not for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Don't get me wrong, they're my favorite. They're just a little weird.

Quoting Pokemon_Lover: Why are Pokemon nerds weird?
Opal614
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM
5 moms liked this
That's cool. I have NEVER seen an attractive woman employed by EB/GameStop.
alexsmommy2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg you just wrote out what i was going to after reading this.
Shes right op we know. My husband used to work for gamestop and everyone loved him because he knew the games, systems, what was coming out, etc.

Quoting lovemymini:
Dear GameStop Manager,

This isn't news to me.

I knew you weren't a gamer after talking to you for 2 minutes. I hate that you guys took over EB Games because let's face it, they were way better. I hate the corporate feel of your store and it's irritating you can't get a pre order right.

You guys are less then friendly and not knowledgeable about consoles, controllers or games.

Please just stop pretending.

PS.

I'll buy whatever fucking game I want for my child. I can read and I know what it's rated.
mokeekee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband's not into the average gamer girl. Unless you do squats the whole time you're playing games each night, he's probably not that into you lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

haha what?

Quoting mokeekee: My husband probably thinks you're ugly. Flirt away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:06 AM
You'd be surprised.

Quoting Opal614: That's cool. I have NEVER seen an attractive woman employed by EB/GameStop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:07 AM
3 moms liked this

Wow... Whatever. Dont like the job or the people you interact with?! Do everyone a favor and quit. 

Your opinion about pokemon is rude and judgemental. Im pretty sure "nerds" are why you have a job.. And last time I checked they (nerds) were people too.. With feelings!!! (Shocker!) 

i think youre a mean, unhappy person.

MrsErdos2011
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM
The game stop near me has awesome employees. The same 3 always happen to be working every time we go in even though they have 10 employees total in that store. My husband and I are usually in there for about an hour just talking about cod, comparing systems, and talking about which games are best for the genres we like. (fyi titanfall, not a cod killer and does not live up to the hype at all)

Quoting lovemymini:
Dear GameStop Manager,

This isn't news to me.

I knew you weren't a gamer after talking to you for 2 minutes. I hate that you guys took over EB Games because let's face it, they were way better. I hate the corporate feel of your store and it's irritating you can't get a pre order right.

You guys are less then friendly and not knowledgeable about consoles, controllers or games.

Please just stop pretending.

PS.

I'll buy whatever fucking game I want for my child. I can read and I know what it's rated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN