Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this unreasonable? My sister let's her kids have sleepovers with my kids here and I don't like it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 350 Replies
1 mom liked this
My husband was arrested 7 months ago for fraud. I had no idea it was going on, but he's facing federal jail time but working on a plea deal, and our house was taken from us. In the meantime, he can't work.

My sister graciously agreed to let us move in, even though she was hesitant to. My nieces and nephew attend college or work nearby and live at home, but my sister doesn't have any real rules for them because she thinks they're 24, 22 and 21.

Which bring me to this: she let's them have "pregame" parties at the house with their friends, all of them drinking before going out to the bars. My girls and I can only stay in the bedroom when this is going on, and they sometimes stay for hours, but they can hear them being rowdy.

My biggest problem is that she lets them come home after drinking and sleep over with their boyfriends and girlfriend. So, my kids see them having these sleepovers and there's the potential and they wake up one night and find a possibly drunk stranger in the bathroom. I hate it.

I tried to talk to my sister about it and she blew up at me. She said if I didn't like the way she runs her house, I can get out, and that frankly she's counting the days. She also said it hasn't been easy on her kids having mine here, and I had no idea they or she felt that way

Was I being so unreasonable to ask her to curb these activities while my girls, who are only 10 8 And 5 Are here?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:22 AM
58 moms liked this
You are wrong. Deal with it or find a new place. It's not her fault your husband a criminal and you were an idiot to it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this
this

Quoting Anonymous: You are wrong. Deal with it or find a new place. It's not her fault your husband a criminal and you were an idiot to it.
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:24 AM
9 moms liked this

She thinks that they are 24,22 and 21? Um what ages are her college student and working children if they aren't the ages that their mom thinks that they are?

Her house her rules...you don't like it, go to a shelter or something. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:24 AM
10 moms liked this
It's her house. You really have to ask?
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:24 AM
5 moms liked this

You're wrong. It's not your house. If you want to make the rules, find another place to live. 

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes you are unreasonable.
Godgaveme4
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM
10 moms liked this
I think you are both in difficult situations.

You cannot move into someone's home and expect them to change their rules and life to fit you. Perhaps you could find something for you and your daughters to do on those nights.
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM
4 moms liked this
This. Her house, her rules. You don't like them? Mooch off of someone else.
Hope it looks better for you soon.

Quoting Anonymous: You are wrong. Deal with it or find a new place. It's not her fault your husband a criminal and you were an idiot to it.
LadyVoldemort
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this

she's right

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN