Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want ds's brother around.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ds and his brother have only seen each other a handful of times in their lives and I didn't use to have a problem with it but brother's mom and I don't get along and I feel completely disrespected by her on multiple occasions and I don't want anything to do with her and she refuses to let her kid visit unless she's there too. She used to be OK with the father picking him up and bringing him over, but she won't even allow that now and I won't allow her in my house or around me.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I was nice until I got disrespected too many times by her. Now I won't be put in the situation.

Quoting thenameshailie:

So are you important or are the kids important? Suck it up and be nice.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Why is hour husband allowing her to be present for visits? I wouldn't want her in my house either and you don't have to let her come in. Go back to court and modify the visitation.
Bluerose1482
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Perhaps your husband needs to revisit the court.  Unless their a good reason that visitation at your house should be supervised, your husband's child should be allowed to visit his father at his house and get to know his sibling.

Quoting Anonymous: They don't follow the courts suggested visitation schedule so their visits are at their discretion. There's no court order saying when and how long.
Quoting Bluerose1482:

So, your husband has court-ordered visitation, but bm says that he can't go to your house without her?  That makes zero sense to me.  

Quoting Anonymous: He does have visitation. This has nothing to do with him seeing the kid, just the kid's mother being around me.
Quoting Bluerose1482:

Is this your husband's child?  Why doesn't he have visitation?

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Your dh needs to go back and have an official court order put into place. Sad that they boys are going to suffer because the adults cant behave.

Quoting Anonymous: I was nice until I got disrespected too many times by her. Now I won't be put in the situation.
Quoting thenameshailie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:49 PM
No it's not because she was fine with it until I put my foot down about some of the things she was doing and I quit allowing her disrespect and her stealing my property.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know what is going on with the two of you but it sounds like she doesn't trust you with her son and I don't blame her for not wanting him there with you and not her.  I don't want my kids around a certain relative because she's bat shit crazy and has no common sense.  I'm there or she doesn't see them at all.  That is probably what is going on here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:51 PM
He won't take her back to court. I've already told him he needed to and he says that he's not making it a legal issue.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Perhaps your husband needs to revisit the court.  Unless their a good reason that visitation at your house should be supervised, your husband's child should be allowed to visit his father at his house and get to know his sibling.

Quoting Anonymous: They don't follow the courts suggested visitation schedule so their visits are at their discretion. There's no court order saying when and how long.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

So, your husband has court-ordered visitation, but bm says that he can't go to your house without her?  That makes zero sense to me.  

Quoting Anonymous: He does have visitation. This has nothing to do with him seeing the kid, just the kid's mother being around me.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:52 PM
He won't. He says he's not making it a legal issue.

Quoting thenameshailie:

Your dh needs to go back and have an official court order put into place. Sad that they boys are going to suffer because the adults cant behave.

Quoting Anonymous: I was nice until I got disrespected too many times by her. Now I won't be put in the situation.

Quoting thenameshailie:

readyforhim
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:54 PM

that mother needs to step back and let the kids get to know each other and the dad. She doesnt need to be at the visit, but it is not just your house.

Bluerose1482
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Why can't he take your son when he goes to visit your step-son?

Quoting Anonymous: He won't take her back to court. I've already told him he needed to and he says that he's not making it a legal issue.
Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM
It is my house.

Quoting readyforhim:

that mother needs to step back and let the kids get to know each other and the dad. She doesnt need to be at the visit, but it is not just your house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)