Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't want ds's brother around.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ds and his brother have only seen each other a handful of times in their lives and I didn't use to have a problem with it but brother's mom and I don't get along and I feel completely disrespected by her on multiple occasions and I don't want anything to do with her and she refuses to let her kid visit unless she's there too. She used to be OK with the father picking him up and bringing him over, but she won't even allow that now and I won't allow her in my house or around me.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Because he doesn't like changing diapers and ds is used to being bf so he loses his patience trying to feed him when he won't take a bottle.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Why can't he take your son when he goes to visit your step-son?

Quoting Anonymous: He won't take her back to court. I've already told him he needed to and he says that he's not making it a legal issue.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Perhaps your husband needs to revisit the court.  Unless their a good reason that visitation at your house should be supervised, your husband's child should be allowed to visit his father at his house and get to know his sibling.

Quoting Anonymous: They don't follow the courts suggested visitation schedule so their visits are at their discretion. There's no court order saying when and how long.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

So, your husband has court-ordered visitation, but bm says that he can't go to your house without her?  That makes zero sense to me.  

Quoting Anonymous: He does have visitation. This has nothing to do with him seeing the kid, just the kid's mother being around me.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Is this your husband's child?  Why doesn't he have visitation?

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Okay, well your SO needs to man up, go to the courthouse and schedule a custody hearing and get his rights stated so that she can't tell him he's not "allowed" to pick up his son.

Quoting Anonymous: Not really. Visitation is at their discretion.

Quoting Kaybean: What do you mean she won't allow with the father picking him up and dropping him off? It's not up to her. Is there a custody agreement in place?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Then dad needs to go to court and get one in place so you all can stop acting like a bunch of children.

Quoting Anonymous: They don't follow the courts suggested visitation schedule so their visits are at their discretion. There's no court order saying when and how long.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

So, your husband has court-ordered visitation, but bm says that he can't go to your house without her?  That makes zero sense to me.  

Quoting Anonymous: He does have visitation. This has nothing to do with him seeing the kid, just the kid's mother being around me.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

wise.toes
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM

then it seems it's time to go back to court to get the order to be more specific.

Quoting Anonymous: Visitation is at their discretion. As long as she allows so many hours she's not in contempt and the agreement doesn't say anything about her being there or not being there. They were still together when these arrangements were made and the father's work schedule was too up in the air for a strict schedule to be put into place.
Quoting wise.toes:

i wouldn't allow BM in my home either, and we haven't had any major issues. 

what is the visitation order? why does she have to be present? 

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM
It sounds like the problem is with your husband.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Eh I don't see what is so important about stressing the sibling relationship. If your kid won't really miss the visits then I would just slowly stop the visits. She don't need to be at your house. If she doesn't trust you she can keep her kid at home.
Bluerose1482
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Is he paying child support?  

Quoting Anonymous: Because he doesn't like changing diapers and ds is used to being bf so he loses his patience trying to feed him when he won't take a bottle.
Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Anonymous: He won't take her back to court. I've already told him he needed to and he says that he's not making it a legal issue.
Quoting Bluerose1482:

Perhaps your husband needs to revisit the court.  Unless their a good reason that visitation at your house should be supervised, your husband's child should be allowed to visit his father at his house and get to know his sibling.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Grow up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:19 PM
No.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Anonymous: Because he doesn't like changing diapers and ds is used to being bf so he loses his patience trying to feed him when he won't take a bottle.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Bluerose1482
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:24 PM

So he doesn't want to go to court for custody because he'll have to pay child support and bm is willing to forget about the child support so she can call the shots about the child.  Sounds pretty fair to me.  

When your child gets a little older, where he can really interact with his brother, just let his dad take him to visits.  

Quoting Anonymous: No.
Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)