Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm NEVER breastfeeding again! EDIT: warning, pictures

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM
  • 309 Replies
18 moms liked this

A bit of a catchy title, but also true.

My youngest (and last) had her last breastfeeding session today.  She is 20 months (my longest breastfeeder!  The other two were 12 and 15 months).  It's bittersweet!  I'm sad that I'll never experience this again, but also happy to be done.

To commemorate the day, my husband took some pictures of us.

<3

EDIT: Put a warning on there because an anon bitched.

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww
Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:38 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow..I never realized that the last time was going to be the last time with any of our kids. It ess always an "in hindsight"type of realization
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Are you just deciding to cut it off? Let me know how that works lol I wish mine would stop. I'm hoping to have dd off at 18m but have no clue where to start.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Awww :(
I am not even close to done!
DS is 15 months and will nurse to at least two.
And I am not done having kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
awwww! I will never forget the last day I breastfed my son's. I had to stay taking medicine, so it was a add day for me. I cried so much. my first was t months when I stopped. my second was almost three :(
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM
3 moms liked this

Those are very tasteful pictures.

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww. I was sad when ds elweaned himself at 18mo. My dd is 3mo and nursing. She will most likley be my last. I will be sad! I love nursing and getting that time with my babies. I asked my 86yr old aunt what her favorite thing about when her kids were little. She said with ouy a doubt she loved the bond of nursing them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM
8 moms liked this

I can't imagine my toddler suckling from my tits. She is capable of eating solid food with a spoon and fork. Ugh.

NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Quoting nocalmegan: Are you just deciding to cut it off? Let me know how that works lol I wish mine would stop. I'm hoping to have dd off at 18m but have no clue where to start.

For the last 3 months she's only had a morning feeding, but for the last week her morning feed has only been about 5 minutes.  That was our indication that she was done.  And I have to admit that part of the reason we went so long was because I knew once we were done, I was never going to breastfeed again. :-(  But she's done, and I'm done.  I think tomorrow, we might have some issues with giving her a cup instead of her breastfeeding, but I think she'll get over it very quickly.  :-)

It was a slow weaning process with her.  With our first two, we did sudden cold-turkey, and I hated that.  It was hard and difficult for everyone, and painful for me (hurt the bewbies!).  I really wanted to do a slow wean with Brigit.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:45 PM
12 moms liked this
So was mine. She still nursed until she was almost 3. It wasn't the only source of food.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't imagine my toddler suckling from my tits. She is capable of eating solid food with a spoon and fork. Ugh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN