Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dh just got arrest....wtf?!

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:34 PM
  • 706 Replies

For starters, no this is NOT a troll post!!  I am aware that I am most likely going to get some stupid ass responses, but I am really hoping that someone may have some advice on what I should do.  

Dh got pulled over on the way to the store and got two tickets.  He came home and realized they did not give him his i.d. back, so we rode back up to ask the officer about it together.  When dh got out and went to talk to the cop the cop went off on him and started yelling and cussing at him.  He then told dh to get his ass back in the car and take his ass back home.  Dh said nothing, he tossed his hand up knowing he had no win and walked back to our vehicle.  As he was getting in he stated-without yelling or cussing!-that "it's okay, I know what this is about and I want you to know I'm proud to be a black man."  (To clarify why he made this comment we have had some very severe problems due to being an interracial couple here and the police have been involved with it)  He shut the door, buckled his seatbelt and was fixing to pull off when the cop yelled for him not to go anywhere.  He then got on his radio and less than a minute later 2 other cops showed up.  He slammed dh into our truck several times with my children watching and crying.  Dh was not resisting or even arguing with the cop, so there was no reason whatsoever for this.  One of the other officers present even acted uncomfortable with how dh was being treated.  He was arrested for "disorderly conduct".  How is stating that you are proud of your race disorderly conduct?!?!?!  This is not right and I am not sure what to do.  Any helpful advice??  I am so upset and mad as hell right now!  Tickets were for registration/tag....though not sure why that matters so much....the tickets are not the issue and not that big of a deal.

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:36 PM
74 moms liked this
Call an attorney and a tv station right now.

Eta so I stop getting quoted.. noting lights a fire under government ass like the media. Someone needs to get their hands on that dash cam asap. If he's not at fault it would be on the tape. If the tape is missing it looks suspect on the cop

Either way someone will get to the bottom of it
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:36 PM
4 moms liked this

yeah,your hubby brought race into it.stop it..

Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:36 PM
5 moms liked this
Because your husband smarted off. The cop arrested him for it.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:37 PM
4 moms liked this
I was once told approaching an officer a without permission could be considered a threat.. maybe that's the issue?
srltb143
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:37 PM
6 moms liked this

Excuse me??

Quoting quinnsmom715:

yeah,your hubby brought race into it.stop it..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:37 PM
17 moms liked this
I'm fairly certain when a cop tells you to be quiet and get back in your car, that is what you're supposed to do. Yelling ANYTHING could be considered disorderly conduct. That is a charge left up to the officer's discretion.
pianomom21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:38 PM
10 moms liked this
Hire an attorney and get the dash cam. If your husband wasn't out of line as you claim, it will be obvious on the video.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:38 PM
8 moms liked this
Being a smartie pants isn't criminal though.

Quoting Ninjascreenname: Because your husband smarted off. The cop arrested him for it.
Momma.x3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:38 PM
5 moms liked this
Sadly, the police will more then likely get away with this. So sorry for what you and your kids had to watch! That's NOT okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:38 PM
3 moms liked this

I doubt he wants people to know what actually happened

Quoting thefiregoddess: Call an attorney and a tv station right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN