Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*Update* I got a restraining order - BM is p*ssed because I chose to breastfeed baby.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 996 Replies
14 moms liked this
We adopted our little girl a week ago today. We also have a 2 year old son, that I breastfed before, so my milk never dried up. I had to be given reglan (I believe that's what it was called) to increase my milk supply. I have been breastfeeding successfully since.

We have an open adoption w/ BM and we have mutual friends on Facebook. When she found out that i was breastfeeding she got pissed because "it isnt my baby" and "it is creepy." Now she is making a huge fucking deal about it.

FAQ's - She cannot legally take the child back as the adoption is final. She had 72 hours to change her mind. The child is 2 weeks old. She was never my friend on Facebook, we just had a mutual friend, and that is how she was able to see the information on my profile.

Update - I made it where friends only can view any information on my profile and plan on closing the adoption as soon as possible.

Update 2 (4/20/14) - BM and her parents showed up at my house (I did not give them my address, before some of you loonies insist I did) and attempted to "talk it out". She wants her baby back and I told her no, I legally adopted the baby and she is mine. Things got heated, she told me she should have never allowed me to adopt her child because she can tell now that I am an unfit mother. We argued until she slapped me in the face and I called the cops. Her Mom, who was pissed, threatened to come back after the cops left. I am DEFINITELY closing the adoption, getting a restraining order, and we are moving somewhere else to get away from these crazy people!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:30 PM
83 moms liked this
Your baby, your choice. She gets no say.
elfling811
by Niki on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM
154 moms liked this
You are her mother. Why wouldn't you breast-feed her if you are able? I don't understand people that are squicked out by mothers breast-feeding their adopted babies. I think it's wonderful!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM
9 moms liked this

She is now your baby and many mothers who adopt have tried (some succeeded, some failed) to nurse their new baby.

Dannygirl25
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM
58 moms liked this
Yup id remove her from facebook and set very strict , clear rules
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM
7 moms liked this
Why did you adopt a baby instead of having your own
corasmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow! Awkward. Maybe block her on FB?

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM
5 moms liked this
Yeah I couldn't do an open adoption.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM
130 moms liked this
Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous: Why did you adopt a baby instead of having your own
mehaffiesub
by Lil' Frog on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM
17 moms liked this
You adopted the baby so yes its YOUR baby and she can get the F over it cause you are doing what is best for the baby.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:33 PM
5 moms liked this
Unfriend her. You have every right to breastfeed your baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN