Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not Everyone can handle an sn kid and thats okay

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

It does not mean there a horrible less loving or not as good as you parent.It means there human.Sayings like it takes a special person to raise a special child are crap.Not everyone wants to care for a severly disabled kid.Some choose to test and abort.Some Adopt out.The fact of the matter is when you have  serverly sn child you need to phycially care for that child until you die and then find someone that will take care of them when your gone.Im sick of you ladies making other woman who say i cant or dont want to feel like crap.It does not make you better because you care for a sn child.It should not give you special privilages at work.You should not put down other moms who bitch about their normal child when they vent.You have it hard but so does everyother parent.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inspain
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.  

What a sensible post.  

I hope it goes well...but I doubt it will.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:47 PM
I hate the term "adopt out"
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

my son is autistic.he is in the mild to moderate range.i dont think i could handle a severly special needs child.i just dont have it in me..

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:51 PM

I dont think I could handle it either

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 10:52 PM
I know I couldn't handle a child with a severe disability. It wouldn't be fair to leave that burden on my two girls when I die either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM
I was just discussing this with my husband. Our friends want to leave their SN child to us, if they were to pass. I told my dh I'm not sure I could handle it. She would need life long care. We know what they go through, I don't know if we can say yes. I feel so horrible for thinking we couldn't do it. If we choose not to I just don't know how we would say no. : (
SithMom71
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM

I get it. I have two sn boys. Not everyone can handle being a parent to sn kids. Hell, not everyone can handle being a parent. Not everyone is cut out to be a parent for any child. Doesn't make them a bad person. But I would hope they would realise it before having kids. Doesn't bother me. I don't like other peoples kids. Never have even when I didn't have kids. I don't see this as a big deal. 

Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:11 PM

I don't think any less of people who cannot do it. I respect them if they are aware of it, and abort or give their baby to someone who can. If they fail to recognize that they are unable, and make that child's life hell, then I see reason to judge.

We must also be aware that not all severe disabilities show up before birth, or soon after. I had no idea my daughter would be severely disabled until she was almost 4.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)