Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so fed up with my boss!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies

My boss asked if I could work extra shifts this weekend because the new girl called off and my boss had a training today until 5. I agreed to do it. Well, my boss comes rolling in at 2 today saying the class got out early and she just wanted to stop in and see how things are going. So she was here 10 minutes and left. Only to come back 2 hours later on the back of her boyfriends motorcycle, this time to drop off a note. So I'm here working, with my 4 kids at home while she's enjoying the beautiful day. I don't mind helping out, but I'm tired of her expecting everyone else to pick up extra shifts and she won't do any. So now I've decided I wont work extra anymore. I'm done.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SaskMummy
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Sounds like my work place it's bs and it's not fair . My boss just got back from Phoenix where he's buying a house and I found out he's going back, and than to Jamaica !

Getting a day off or having a sick day is impossible it's me and the other cashier that have to cover for one another it fucking sucks!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:35 AM

I feel for you! I was feeling bad because I am taking 10 days off for vacation in June. I don't feel bad anymore. I'm also taking off 2 weekends before vacation and 1 after. I'm part time and don't get paid time off, so not my problem. Let her fire me.

Quoting SaskMummy: Sounds like my work place it's bs and it's not fair . My boss just got back from Phoenix where he's buying a house and I found out he's going back, and than to Jamaica ! Getting a day off or having a sick day is impossible it's me and the other cashier that have to cover for one another it fucking sucks!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Well she is the boss.....
anon71
by Momma Squirrel on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:37 AM
I guess that's the perks of being the boss. I've worked with a few like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:39 AM
You do realize management works 50 hours on salary? So whether they put in 50 or 100 hours their pay is always the same. YOU agreed to cover the shift. Her responsibility is to find someone to cover the shift. The only reason she should have to cover the shift is if no one else will. That is a perk of management. Get over it. Idk why people who work hourly and agree to pick up extra hours turn around and bitch about basically making more money. You're either making OT at this point or at the least getting more money because you are working more hours. Do you not enjoy making more money? Because I'm sure they can find someone else to hire who does. Furthermore, no one held a knife to your throat about picking up an extra shift. You made that choice so stop bitching. If you don't like it say no. But just so you know, when it comes time for promotions and reviews, someone who willingly and uncomplainingly picks up extra shifts (someone the boss knows they can count on in a pinch) is far more likely to benefit way better than someone who doesn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:42 AM

She sure is. And as a boss she needs to learn to step up to the plate. I've never worked for anyone who wouldn't pick up a shift if needed.

Quoting Anonymous: Well she is the boss.....

MariannLws
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:47 AM

So, your were jealous she was out enjoying the day while you worked. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:48 AM
She doesn't NEED to pick up the shift. You agreed to. Ffs. Some people are so dense. You sound like a real treat of an employee.

Quoting Anonymous:

She sure is. And as a boss she needs to learn to step up to the plate. I've never worked for anyone who wouldn't pick up a shift if needed.

Quoting Anonymous: Well she is the boss.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:48 AM

She works 30-40 hours, tops, per week. And there are no advancement or promotion opportunities. All staff makes $8.50 an hour and we will never see a raise. And I understand I agreed to work. I was venting.

Quoting Anonymous: You do realize management works 50 hours on salary? So whether they put in 50 or 100 hours their pay is always the same. YOU agreed to cover the shift. Her responsibility is to find someone to cover the shift. The only reason she should have to cover the shift is if no one else will. That is a perk of management. Get over it. Idk why people who work hourly and agree to pick up extra hours turn around and bitch about basically making more money. You're either making OT at this point or at the least getting more money because you are working more hours. Do you not enjoy making more money? Because I'm sure they can find someone else to hire who does. Furthermore, no one held a knife to your throat about picking up an extra shift. You made that choice so stop bitching. If you don't like it say no. But just so you know, when it comes time for promotions and reviews, someone who willingly and uncomplainingly picks up extra shifts (someone the boss knows they can count on in a pinch) is far more likely to benefit way better than someone who doesn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Pretty much. Bitching about making money. I can't believe the mindset and work ethic of people these days. There are thousands of people around the country who would LOVE to work and make money.

Quoting MariannLws:

So, your were jealous she was out enjoying the day while you worked. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)