Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your a bad influence and can't be trusted

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:24 AM
  • 16 Replies

My sister (18) has a baby and lives with our grandma. She has since birth, as did I until I moved out. My mom and her 3 other kids recently moved in with them also. My mom tends to be controlling and considering the situation, oversteps her boundries (we were barely in her life up until the end of 2012. she has never been a "mother" and moved 1500 miles away from us. we had to move up here to be close to her. found out it was a mistake)  but my mom has 3 other kids, 9, 11 and 13. 18YO sister was watching the kids and my nephew was sleeping so sister and the 3 younger kids walked up to the store and got some candy. It was 9pm and dark outside. The store is 5 blocks away, and the only is only 2000 people for population. Safe town, minimal crime. 

My mom is flipping out on 18YO and saying shes a bad influence for taking them out when they know they aren't suppose to be out once the street lights are on and now refuses to trust her alone with the kids. My mom stayed the night with her husband, who lives in an apartment by himself (long story) and had the kids go to friends houses because she didn't want to leave them with 18YO. Thats the entire story behind it, i've asked my grandma, mom and sister. 

Yeah they were out past their curfew but they were with an adult, and it wasn't a school night. My mom never said they couldn't go out with her and theres alot of times they go to the store (drive) with my mom so sister didn't think it would be a big deal.

Is she overreacting or do you really think its a problem? 

I don't think its a big deal, especially not to start as big as fight as she did over it...but maybe i'm being bias because i have hard feelings towards my mother right now for other reasons.

by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KRIZZ25
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:26 AM
yea it was kinda late and it was dark..she knows better than that ..its dangerous ether way .i talking from moms eye view .
JenGo
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:29 AM
You mom seems a bit unstable. Honestly it doesn't sound like your moms reaction was warranted to me.
Steph84FL
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:29 AM
Eh Wouldnt have bothered me. Nine isn't that late.
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Did she leave her baby at home?  Was there another adult in the house with the baby?

csxt99
by Jennifer on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:30 AM

It's not a big deal.  Your mom sounds like a crazy bitch, but your sister now has gotten out of being stuck watching her siblings.

AKDlove
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Quoting TableforSeven:

Did she leave her baby at home?  Was there another adult in the house with the baby?

Her baby was sleeping, my grandma was at the house with him. 

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

At 9, 11 and 13, in a small safe town, I'd probably let them walk to the store with the 13 year old in charge.

Not when I lived in Cali, but here where we live... With an 18 year old, yeah, you're mom is just making drama.

AKDlove
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Quoting Steph84FL: Eh Wouldnt have bothered me. Nine isn't that late.

Thats what I thought. If it was like midnight, yeah...I could see that but 9 isn't a big deal to me. I don't have a license and i've got my DD in a stroller and walked to the store at 1030 before and shes only 2...

demonica29
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Not without a trail of breadcrumbs...

Bwanna12Bree
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:32 AM

where was grandma in this.. you said they all live with her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN