Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA: So sick of witnessing Legal Child Abuse

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 257 Replies
62 moms liked this
Stop smoking with your innocent children in the car. It's abusive and neglectful to force innocent kids to breathe in your posion and destroy their body. Are you that selfish that you can not wait until you reach your destination so that you can step away from your children and fulfill your toxic addiction? You don't piss and shit in the Car as well, do you? So if you would stop the car and get out to relieve yourself, you should stop the car and get out to smoke your cancer stick!!!

Stop the child abuse!!!!

Abuse: to treat in a harmful, injurious, or offensive way

ETA:
1 in 100 people around the world die from secondhand smoke each year, a new study reveals, and nearly two-thirds of the deaths occur in children.

Health officials have known that more than 1 billion people around the world smoke and 5 million people die each year from tobacco-related illness, according to the World Health Organization. That’s about one person dying every six seconds.

But just how many people are sickened by secondhand smoke has been less clear, which led researchers to try to investigate how big the problem is. Based on 2004 data gathered from 192 countries, researchers estimate “as many as 40 percent of children, 35 percent of women, and 33 percent of men are regularly exposed to secondhand smoke indoors,” according to a WHO study published in the British medical journal The Lancet.

“Tobacco use is one of the biggest public health threats the world has ever faced,” says the WHO. More than 80 percent of the more than 1 billion smokers worldwide live in low- and middle-income countries, where the burden of tobacco-related illness and death is heaviest. The study authors estimate that 165,000 children under the age of 5 die each year from lower respiratory infections caused by second-hand smoke .

Just two months ago, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released a report that found more than half of children in the United States, between ages 3 and 11 show signs in their blood of exposure to secondhand smoke. Previous studies have found that even extremely low levels of exposure to cigarette smoke produced detectable abnormal genetic activity in these cells.

The more than 1 billion smokers are exposing billions of non-smokers to one of the top indoor pollutants according to the WHO. Researchers believe more needs to be done to create complete smoke-free indoor environments at work, in public places and on public transportation. Jonathan Samet and Heather Wipfli, two leading public health experts from the University of Southern California say their research from 31 countries found that 88 percent of parents who smoked did so at home and that over 80 percent smoked near their children. In an accompanying commentary, they emphasize the need for smoke-free homes, which can help lower the number of people sickened and dying from someone else’s smoke.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:00 AM
11 moms liked this
Again? Really? Didn't we just do this?
pinkfairy0206
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:00 AM
3 moms liked this
Yep, I agree. I see this all the time with my neice and nephew. No matter what we say, they continue to do it. Its sickening! !
MrsViau
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:01 AM
4 moms liked this
Yup. I was thinking the same thing. So tired of everything being pointed towards child abuse.

Quoting curvygurl1912: Again? Really? Didn't we just do this?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:02 AM
10 moms liked this
I agree. All smokers are idiots but smoking around your kids makes you a despicable idiot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:04 AM
3 moms liked this
Deliberately attempting to make your child sick now and in the future is abusive.

Quoting MrsViau: Yup. I was thinking the same thing. So tired of everything being pointed towards child abuse.

Quoting curvygurl1912: Again? Really? Didn't we just do this?
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

It irritates me too. I have recently quit smoking, but never smoked in the car or house with the kids. It really is very selfish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:07 AM
4 moms liked this
Totally agree. My parents both smoked two packs a day. In the car or the house. When I went to my grandmother's the first thing we had to do was shower and put on clothes she had for us. We stunk that bad from cigarettes. My lungs suck now. Lost 100lbs, went to a doctor and realize I am only breathing at 65 to 70 percent. They don't know how I am exercising. I don't even smoke. But because my parents did, I have to pay the price.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:08 AM
19 moms liked this
Horrible & gross? yes. Abuse? No. Ask a victim of abuse & see if they would have rathered their parents just smoke in the car with them..... I know i would have.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Agree it's stupid and so are people who do it, obviously they care nothing for their children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Lmao
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)