Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Were you allowed to smoke at home when you were young?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

The women at work were talking about how 30 years ago most of us were allowed to smoke at home when we were younger and our parents didn't have a problem with it.  I was raised by my grandmother who would let me have one cigarette with her after dinner every night when I turned 12 and within a few months she let me start smoking regularly.  I quit when I was 30 but it's funny I still miss smoking. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:17 AM
No because my family didn't smoke and they knew the health risks. I did smoke away from home as a teenager but quit as soon as I got better friends.
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM
My mom was a smoker until I was around 6. Then she quit. I was not allowed to smoke in the house at all. I didn't start smoking until I was 18 and didn't even try a cigarette before then.
JDsWifey
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:22 AM

No. I have never smoked at all. My father smoked before I was born, but he quit before I was born as well, so I never saw smoking in my home growing up.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Hell no! Both sets of grandparents were smokers and my parents HATED smoking. I snuck around to do it, even after I was legal, lol. I didn't want them to know.
LeKendria
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:22 AM

When I turned 18 I told my dad that I was a smoker. He bought me a pack of cigarettes just to see if I was telling the truth. From that day on I was allowed to smoke at home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Yes, my mom bought me cigarettes regularly when I was inhigh school.  I am 32, btw.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Nope. I didn't even see a soda until I was in first grade. My mother didn't smoke, drink, take pills.. nothing.

I was pretty damn sheltered
ValG1973
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I remember holding unlit cigarettes and pretending to smoke when i was around 9 or 10 and mom would just laugh at me.  When I was 12, I just lit one up in front of mom when we were having breakfast.  After that I'd take one when I wanted one but didn't really get hooked till I was almost 13 and I'm 40 now and still smoke. 

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Yes, but I did not have any parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:34 AM
This exactly.. Will be 33 in June

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, my mom bought me cigarettes regularly when I was inhigh school.  I am 32, btw.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)