Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 13 year old stepdaughter is pregnant and…*Update 2*

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM
  • 654 Replies
5 moms liked this

I refuse to make it my problem. I have enough of my own. Her mother and father can deal with it, and her. I've told DH that I don't want to hear about it and that she is not moving in with us like her mother wants. I have to much on my plate already and I refuse to make it another responsibility of mine. 

I don't even know how SD got pregnant, BM says she has never been left alone with a boy and SD refuses to say who the father is. BM is currently 7 months pregnant from a one night stand and doesn't know who the father is. Like mother,like daughter clearly 

It's such a shitty situation as well - SD can't even remember to wipe her own ass after going to the bathroom, how is she going to raise a baby? Where is the justice in the world where a lazy, immature child can have a baby but lots of capable couples cannot? 

Whatever, not my problem. I just wish my family could go a year, a single year, without a huge drama. It's not days of our lives kids. I just feel so sad for this baby.

Update: Well DH came and spoke to me in person tonight. Apparently the father is one of her classmates and they had sex on their way home from school after learning about it in health class. She didn't want to tell because he is 'ugly'. DH says her mother is distraught, not only because she is pregnant but about what people will think about her and SD having babies at the same time. Apparently everybody is out to sabotage her experience at being a mom again. I told DH to go pick her and her siblings up for the night as that is not a safe house for them to stay in, and that we will speak more about it when I get home on Tuesday night. I'm still not willing to give it an ounce of energy into then.

Update two: We have decided to keep SD here for the time being as her mother has really lost it, so she will be here for at least another two weeks. Thanks to everybody who actually gave advice.

by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:57 AM
17 moms liked this
That is just so sad. At 13 i was still riding bikes and going to the playground. Sad that a middle schooler is pregnant.
brookemhowell
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM
73 moms liked this
Her refusing to tell who it is raises a big red flag. She is "protecting" someone. She has never been alone with a boy but has she been alone with a man??
zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

That's really sad. 13 is wayyyyyy too young.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:02 AM

wow that really sucks for her..i would be devestated if my 13 year old got pregnant..

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Wow. That's a sad situation. Best of luck to everyone.
bensmommy1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully she wasn't raped!! Why won't she tell who the father is? I'd be worried.
CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this
This

Quoting brookemhowell: Her refusing to tell who it is raises a big red flag. She is "protecting" someone. She has never been alone with a boy but has she been alone with a man??
mokeekee
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:03 AM
15 moms liked this
This. Has anybody stopped bashing the kid long enough to make sure she's not the victim? And if she literally cannot remember to wipe her own ass, is she disabled in some way? I assumed it was hyperbole but you never know.

Quoting brookemhowell: Her refusing to tell who it is raises a big red flag. She is "protecting" someone. She has never been alone with a boy but has she been alone with a man??
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:04 AM
5 moms liked this

It's scary she won't say who the father is. Did one of Mom's boyfriends molest sd? That's what I'd be concerned about. 

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Damn that's young. I was still obsessed with harry potter and turning down every boy at 13.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)