Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I didn't have kids just to put them to work. NO MORE OPINONS NEEDED!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1618 Replies
2 moms liked this

This is their CHILDHOOD. They should be spending their time having fun, NOT doing chores.

Responsibility is for adults. I think that people who make their kids have chores are just lazy. I do everything for my kids so that they can spend their time being kids.

Edit - I get it. Most of you want your kids working. Thanks for your opinions. You can stop beating this dead horse now. I got it.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:46 AM
4 moms liked this
Lol.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:47 AM
89 moms liked this
My kids get to play a lot. They still have responsibility. I'm not going to raise kids who have no idea how to help themselves.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:47 AM
57 moms liked this

So what, they hit 18 and you give them a "How To Survive on Your Own" checklist?

Chores teach them how to take care of themselves, which is vital when you end up passing on in their futures.

My 6 year old has chores.  Even a nice list, put his laundry away, get dirty laundry to laundry room, load dishwasher, take out garbage, and pick up toys.  Since he does them daily, it takes 15-30 minutes.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:47 AM
18 moms liked this
Fuck that! DS is like a tornado. He leaves a path of destruction in his wake. This house would be perfect for an episode of Hoarders if I didn't make him pick up after himself.
TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM
11 moms liked this
And what is the magic age that they're just supposed to understand and have discipline to do chores?
Have fun washing your adult children's clothing for ever!
latsyrk
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM
95 moms liked this
I had kids so I didn't have to get my own soda. Now I can sit in the recliner , call their name, wait for them to appear and then say `hey grab me a soda."
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM
41 moms liked this

And I realize that I am raising a future adult who will need to function in society. Therefore, she has chores.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:49 AM
16 moms liked this
Lmao. Spoiled rotten entitled children you have im sure. While mine will be responsible teenagers and adults and know how to take care of themselves yours will still be running to mommy for help. Bravo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:49 AM
4 moms liked this
So how do you expect your kids to be functioning adults if you don't teach them how to do chores, cook, wash, etc.?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Pathetic. You should be serving them, not the other way around. 

Quoting latsyrk: I had kids so I didn't have to her my own soda. Now I can sit in the recliner , call their name, wait for them to appear and then say `hey grab me a soda."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)