OMG...You can't say/do that around kids. Edit because I forgot that there are some illiterate people on this site.
Apparently, We are "too open" with our kids about sex, drugs, alcohol and other things that make parents cringe. We speak to them like they are little adults (within reason), not babies..
Example. My Husband's aunt came to visit our villa (we are on Vacation) and we l sent the kids with her to go to the fair. When they came back we were having sex and apparently being loud. His aunt tried to tell them that we were "wrestling" or something to that effect. They all looked at her and said "Nope..We know they are doin' it.".
So Aunty gave us a talking to because she was concerned that they knew what that was.
They are 9,10. and 13 btw.
So how about you, are you "open" with your kids about things like that. Or do you keep it a secret.
edit: I am going to write this in as small words as possible for my illiterate readers (here's looking at you, anons).
1. I didn't have sex in front of my kids
2. The kids weren't even IN the villa when we started having sex
3. We sent them away for a reason
4. They weren't supposed to be back for another...idk...3 hours.
5. When we did realize they were back...we stopped...duh.
6. Yes I realize this section is bigger in font..When I said small words I meant small as in understandable if you have passed the 3rd grade.