Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMG...You can't say/do that around kids. Edit because I forgot that there are some illiterate people on this site.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM
  • 116 Replies
5 moms liked this

Apparently, We are "too open" with our kids about sex, drugs, alcohol and other things that make parents cringe.  We speak to them like they are little adults (within reason), not babies.. 

Example. My Husband's aunt came to visit our villa (we are on Vacation) and we l sent the kids with her to go to the fair. When they came back we were having sex and apparently being loud. His aunt tried to tell them that we were "wrestling" or something to that effect. They all looked at her and said "Nope..We know they are doin' it.". 

So Aunty gave us a talking to because she was concerned that they knew what that was. 

They are 9,10. and 13 btw. 

So how about you, are you "open" with your kids about things like that. Or do you keep it a secret. 

edit: I am going to write this in as small words as possible for my illiterate readers (here's looking at you, anons). 

1. I didn't have sex in front of my kids

2. The kids weren't even IN the villa when we started having sex

3. We sent them away for a reason

4. They weren't supposed to be back for another...idk...3 hours.

5. When we did realize they were back...we stopped...duh. 

6. Yes I realize this section is bigger in font..When I said small words I meant small as in understandable if you have passed the 3rd grade. 

by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubsy
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be mortified if anyone heard Df and I doing it. But at 9 years old a kid should know about sex IMO.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM

popcorn

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids know what sex is....Although we haven't really begun talking about it as a recreational activity.  But we don't hide things from them - if they have a question, we answer it.  We don't sugarcoat or make up stories.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:21 PM
2 moms liked this

We jumped up like two teenagers who had just gotten caught by their parents when we finally heard them. I don't like the idea of people knowing that *I* am having sex. But everyone should know what it is. 

Quoting Bubsy:

I'd be mortified if anyone heard Df and I doing it. But at 9 years old a kid should know about sex IMO.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:21 PM

But...Why? This isn't even a drama post. 

Quoting Lunarprancer:

popcorn

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Ummm not that open. Our sex life isn't up for discussion. To no one especially our kids. They don't need to know that mom & dad are fucking. Smh
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL this is why I'm so glad my son has finally figured out knocking, instead of just barging into our room, haha.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

We jumped up like two teenagers who had just gotten caught by their parents when we finally heard them. I don't like the idea of people knowing that *I* am having sex. But everyone should know what it is. 

Quoting Bubsy:

sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Am sure u did not realize they were home n I tell my kids every thing, we try not to sugarcoat...

LectioDivina
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:25 PM
It sucks for the kid.
Turtlekot
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Open book here!!!  14 and 12 all knew at 8-10 yrs of age.  Our joke when they say gross..."How do you think you got here?"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN