Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my kids want to walk my next 5k with me.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:47 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this
So we are starting out with them doing a mile round trip and hopefully get them up to 3.1 miles by May. They are 6 and 8.
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
That's the age of my girl's they had no problem running they love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LectioDivina
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:49 PM
That's great! My five year old twins walk two miles a day, it's not as much as we think it is for them, I'm sure yours will be awesome!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Goodness, I would hope children that age could walk that far! Heck most could run some of it.

My 3 year old quit wanting to ride or be carried a year ago on our daily 4 mile walk, if a 3 year old can walk 4 miles your children can do 3.

It's crazy that our society has gotten this bad about normal activities in life!
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Good, I know my son will love it, I was worried about the 6 year old. But I want them to start thinking of activity as part of life. I never thought that.

Quoting lapcounter: That's the age of my girl's they had no problem running they love it.
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:55 PM
Oh, I bet they could, but I am just more aware because 6 months ago I couldn't.

Quoting Anonymous: Goodness, I would hope children that age could walk that far! Heck most could run some of it.

My 3 year old quit wanting to ride or be carried a year ago on our daily 4 mile walk, if a 3 year old can walk 4 miles your children can do 3.

It's crazy that our society has gotten this bad about normal activities in life!
Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I think that's awesome, I can't wait to start running again. I had knee surgery a week ago this past Friday so I know it will be a little while but I'm so ready otherwise. I already have a list of them that I want to do this summer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Well they'll be much more resilient than you. Unless they're very overweight, I'd bet they could walk the whole distance today without working up to it.
When I was 9, my dad decided to have me start jogging with him. 3 miles is the distance we STARTED with that very first day :-)
Quoting Bubbie0809: Oh, I bet they could, but I am just more aware because 6 months ago I couldn't.
Quoting Anonymous: Goodness, I would hope children that age could walk that far! Heck most could run some of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCeleste0722
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome! I'm a runner and my daughter (11) runs 5ks with me. My twin boys (7) ran a 5k with me a couple of weeks ago. Our school district has a running club in the elementary schools so their entry fee to local races is very cheap ($5!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:12 PM
No they are not overweight at all and are super active. I'm the overweight one, but, maybe the stamina is for me, I was schooled on the difference between walking outside and walking on a treadmill last weekend.

Quoting Anonymous: Well they'll be much more resilient than you. Unless they're very overweight, I'd bet they could walk the whole distance today without working up to it. When I was 9, my dad decided to have me start jogging with him. 3 miles is the distance we STARTED with that very first day :-)
Quoting Bubbie0809: Oh, I bet they could, but I am just more aware because 6 months ago I couldn't.
Quoting Anonymous: Goodness, I would hope children that age could walk that far! Heck most could run some of it. My 3 year old quit wanting to ride or be carried a year ago on our daily 4 mile walk, if a 3 year old can walk 4 miles your children can do 3. It's crazy that our society has gotten this bad about normal activities in life!
Scarpetta71
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great ...good going kids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)