Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm ready to give up on my 4 year old *UPDATE* ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 308 Replies
25 moms liked this
I might get bashed to hell and back but I don't care. My four year old acts like she is 15. She took my money that my dad loaned me to get to the docs and hid it. She then says the word n*gger knowing I don't allow her to say it, and she refuses to listen to me.

Her dad is teaching her to cuss and she now does it at here at home. I'm trying to teach her manners and to be respectful but that doesn't seem to be working.

I don't want my son picking up on her foul little mouth. If I threaten her in front of her dad he starts saying he's going to call cps on me.

I'm at my breaking point if I tell her she's going to live with him she starts crying and screaming at me saying she doesn't want to go.

Nobody else hears this but me. In the beginning she was sweet and loving. Now she's been replaced with a little girl I don't know.

I try and teach her manners and to be respectful because she'll be going to school soon. Nothing works with her.

Help before I send her to live with her dad which is what he wants.

Update

I knew I had to do something so Sunday night after writing this and posting I started clearing out her bedroom all toys all but one blanket all books and her mattress came out of her room while she watched in tears.

She has a Matt I got her like the preschoolers use when they lay down for nap time, so that's what she slept on without a pillow, I gave her a blanket to put under her head and she had one to cover up with.

Due to her stealing, I took her mattress out so she'd know what losing something she needs is like.

Due to her mouthing off cussing stomping her feet and using inappropriate words I took her books pillow and all but one blanket(the only one she had to cover up with).

She came in my bedroom asking for her bed back books pillow and blankets. I then told her she'd have to earn them back. Can you ladies guess the results?

If you answered she is a totally different kid you are correct. She earned her bed back by her behavior yesterday and 3 of her blankets and pillow.

ETA

There are a few of you who say cps can get involved by me taking away my daughters bed.....if that's the case why do they sell the mats for kids at Walmart and say they can be used for nap time?

We were out majority of the day yesterday due to me seeing my counselor and dd doesn't take naps. If cps was going to step in they would have done it today.

They know she is being well cared for and I made sure I let my counselor know about dd getting her mattress removed from her room.

My counselor said nothing and told me that her behavior has to be stopped so I did the right thing.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Wtf?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Hate to tell you, but it only gets worse...
mynewlife2012
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:55 PM
6 moms liked this
Maybe get her some help with a play therapist.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Send her then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:56 PM
18 moms liked this

Simply put, do not threaten her.  Warn her about the consequence for keeping up the misbehavior.  One warning and then consequence.  

CPS will not do anything if there is no abuse or neglect going on.  Heck you could probably call on him for teaching her words that are innappropriate..

lalalamama
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:57 PM
18 moms liked this
Giving up is not an option. Welcome to motherhood.
Do you really think she'll be a better adult if her Dad raises her without you ??!!
This isn't about you and what makes you happy. Sorry mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Im sorry to hear that....I have no advice. My dhs 2 kids from a previous marriage were like that at that age. Except my dh didnt condone it, it was the other way around. They both ended up with rough childhoods and now one went to jail when he was 17 for adult crimes and the now 17 yr old is on her second pregnancy.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:59 PM
2 moms liked this
So send her to her dad's. If you make a threat, follow through. She knows that you don't follow through, so there aren't any real consequences.
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Um send her to her room, time outs, buy kids books on manners and why it is good to be nice. She is 4 though. She is going to push you and make you want to cry, scream, and even give up at times. Remember she is a young and impressionable child. She will do what she is taught. Just make sure she is constantly reminded of her manners. You can always try etiquette classes. Or get her into daycare once a week to be with other kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Yelling and threatening yet you want her to learn respect and manners?!
Please send her to her dad's. Then she won't have to be blamed when your other child starts mirroring your behavior back at you as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN