Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To all Pro Choicers without cursing or being hateful...please give me the REASONS you are prochoice.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 220 Replies

I am not looking for the good old "If she was raped..." reason. Leave that aside and tell me your real thoughts. I find this excuse for your beliefs cliche. There are women around the world who have abortions just because they didn't want a baby at that time or because their career could be ruined or just because they aren't with the baby's father anymore. I want to know beliefs outside of this one. Please remember I am only wanting an opinion. I want no fighting or name calling, just some good old opinion why. Ready? Set? GO!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:58 PM
30 moms liked this
Simple, what happens in a womans uterus is nobodys business but hers
newmom121812
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Every one is their own person. They have every right to do what ever they want to their body's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairyjester
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:59 PM

a person's body is their own and  they should be the only one that decides what happens to it or inside it.

LectioDivina
1 mom liked this
I believe the mother can feel when the soul comes in. I think most people who get abortions don't feel the soul yet, and I don't think that is killing.
LadyVoldemort
9 moms liked this

Because what a woman does with her reproductive organs is not my business

Josie_P
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:00 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm pro-choice because I don't give a rats ass if a woman wants to have 1 abortion or 5. It's not me, it's not my uterus, it's not my business. But I fully support her right to get them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:01 PM

I usually never open abortion posts because I don't really have an opinion.  Yes, I know, it is impossible to NOT have an opinion, but I really don't.  On this subject, I leave the decision to the individual.  Everyone has reasons one way or the other and I really don't need to hear them or know about it because on this one subject, I do not have an opinion....which is very strange for me because I have an opinion about everything.

Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:02 PM
8 moms liked this

I don't think an unwanted baby should be brought into the world to continue to be an unwanted child.  Period.  Just because someone CAN give their unwanted baby up for adoption, doesn't mean they will.  There might be pressure from family to keep the baby.  I don't want to see a child hurt or neglected because the mother wanted an abortion to begin with and was denied one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:02 PM
10 moms liked this

It's very simple.  Even the UN Declaration on Human Rights recognizes each human being's right to bodily autonomy.  No one should be a forced gestator.  Women are people -- sentient beings, not reproduction machines or incubators.  If a woman does not want to be pregnant, for any reason at all, she should not be forced to do so.  

In short, I believe that women are people.  And people are entitled to make the most basic of decisions -- that is what to do with their own bodies, themselves.

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Because it's not my job to make a choice for another one. I wouldn't want someone to make that choice for me. What gives me the right to make the choice for her?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)