Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I drink a pot of coffee a day and I'm 4 1/2 months pregnant.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Just kidding. I drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning. However, I am in school and also work (until May - then I will have time off work AND school for the summer) - anyway, on test days I will have my normal cup in the morning and then another before the test.

I worry about having caffeine, but I've tried days without it and I am a total spaz. I cannot function or perform my job duties without it (sad, but true). I want to know if any of you have ever been pregnant, consumed coffee throughout pregancy, and had healthy babies. I won't drink so much caffeine after May, but for now it's what's keeping me going : (

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:00 PM
I drank coffee during three pregnancies. I'm also 26 weeks and had two cups today. It's the only caffeine I drink since we don't so tea or sodas. All my babies are fine. Gotta have it or I get withdrawals and my OB says it's PERFECTLY fine in moderation
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:02 PM
I quit cigarettes while pregnant and I was never able to completely cut out coffee. I had it down to one cup and the doctor was happy with that.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Mobile Photo

I cut back to two cups a day.. every single day with my two boys

Both healthy
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Call me dumb but I drank 6 cups a day when I fort found out I was preg . I ended up losing the babies .
firebird78
by Lilly's mom on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:03 PM
I read that title and was like holy crap!
Got my attention for sure
I don't see what's wrong with a cup or two
Just be sure to drink plenty of water as well
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:04 PM

See, I keep hearing this and I know it's fine, but then I'll hear something about a study that showed the baby gets more concentrated amounts of it or whatever and I just really feel guilty. I didn't have ANY caffeine, not even chocolate, with my first and he is like my perfect child lol. I just hope I'm not harming this one : (

Quoting sjenkins8208: I drank coffee during three pregnancies. I'm also 26 weeks and had two cups today. It's the only caffeine I drink since we don't so tea or sodas. All my babies are fine. Gotta have it or I get withdrawals and my OB says it's PERFECTLY fine in moderation

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I drank 1-3 cups a day with both my girls.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I drank coffee throughout my pregnancy, just always stayed under the 200 mg limit.

ilovekeith12
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:04 PM
That's what I do also one cup in the morning and one cup I'm the afternoon . I'm 37 weeks and never had any problems with my other two .

Quoting sjenkins8208: I drank coffee during three pregnancies. I'm also 26 weeks and had two cups today. It's the only caffeine I drink since we don't so tea or sodas. All my babies are fine. Gotta have it or I get withdrawals and my OB says it's PERFECTLY fine in moderation
crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:05 PM
I drank caffeine during both pregnancies. Both boys are healthy. The biggest risk is the first trimester as it has been shown to increase te chance of miscarriage during that time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)