Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Inducing labor

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I'm 41 weeks 5 days pregnant. If I don't have the baby before Wednesday, they're inducing me. I'd rather try to get this baby out on my own before then. Any tips?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Walking and bouncing. I never had the ball thing, but you can do it without. That's what I did, it was like really awkward squatting. I woke up after a nap in labor. That was my third baby, and it was two days after my edd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Sex?
I went into.labor with my 2nd the morning after I ate 4 corn dogs and sat on a stool Indian style playing poker for 6hrs, then had sex, water broke 4hrs later.

Other then that I've been induced
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Bump
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Apparently pineapple and spicy food.
zeenah
by Zarah on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM

I walked all over my apt. In circles stopping occasionally to squat down. I went into labor on my own that night, I was scheduled to be induced two days after.

Big sister to be!

SerenityBerry
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Lots of walking and spicy food. 

funny_girl3
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I was induced in the hospital for both my kids.  However, when I was due with my second about 3 years ago, my husband read an article about the lemon cupcakes at this certain bakery that supposedly induced labor.  He went out to the store and bought a bunch of lemons and kept feeding me lemonade, lemon slushies, pretty much lemon on everything.  It didn't send me into labor, but now I hate the taste of lemon.

annieb863
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:36 PM
I did everything they say will help induce labor at home and it didnt happen. Lol. I wish it would have cuz I had to be induced at 41weeks 5 days. They say sex cuz something in semen helps trigger contractions also nipple stimulation. Good luck Hun!!!!
danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Walking, nipple stimulation, sex (not just intercourse, orgasms are good enough)

I wouldn't get induced. It's so unhealthy. It makes labour harder, contractions stronger.. your chance of C-section skyrockets, etc.

Good luck and congratulations!

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Yes. Tell them NO on inducing you!

If you don't want it, and the baby is OK.... JUST SAY NO!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)