Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hair style/cut ideas for baby with thin (curly) hair **EDIT WITH PICS.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

My dd is 11 mos. First haircut is right after her 1st bday. What should I do? I know we're definitely cutting the front. It hangs over into her eyes already! And any ideas on what to do with her hair? She has very little but what she does have oddly is mostly on one side, so no two pig tails. Lol not long enough to braid will put pics later. So what do you do? :) She mostly years bows right now.

**Her hair is wavy. When it gets wet it curls. If only it would stay in cute curls! LOL it's always doing it's own thing...

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:27 AM
Can you share a couple pictures please?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:27 AM

I would just do a trim to clean up any rough edges and stick with bows or the wraparound headbands.

bellawomen
by Summer on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Nothing?  I would just trim it out of her eyes and leave it to grow in all around.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:39 AM
Lol they always have that weird awkward stage for awhile. I would just try to even it out as best you can. Stick with those little headband things and bows. Their hair always reminds me of a horse mane at that age. It'll get better by the time she's 2 usually. Sometimes if they have enough you can make one little ponytail on top. It's cute.
mistie900
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:43 AM
I like bobs on little girls. I think it's so cute, especially when you leave their bangs a little longer and clip them to the side. My dd had her hair cut like that when she was around 2 1/2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:46 AM
Why cut it all? Maybe trim the bangs sit hey are out of her eyes but leave the rest alone? My dd is almost 5 and still hasn't had her first hair cut......
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Well good for her..but i dont want my dd looking like a shaggy dirty mess...

Quoting KylesWifey: Why cut it all? Maybe trim the bangs sit hey are out of her eyes but leave the rest alone? My dd is almost 5 and still hasn't had her first hair cut......
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:16 PM
My dd is 4 and iv never cut her hair. I juat use headbands and trained it out of her eyes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Trim it and let it grow out..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:16 PM

She wouldn't look like a shaggy mess, if you cute the bangs and comb the rest of it. Give it a chance to grow in.

Quoting Anonymous: Well good for her..but i dont want my dd looking like a shaggy dirty mess...
Quoting KylesWifey: Why cut it all? Maybe trim the bangs sit hey are out of her eyes but leave the rest alone? My dd is almost 5 and still hasn't had her first hair cut......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)