Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he forgot my birthday ****UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 280 Replies
2 moms liked this
Todays my birthday and dh forgot or he didnt think its important. It hurts this morning he gets up for work i makr him breakfast like always and nothing not a happy birthday not a good morning not anything. When he leaves to work he just says see you later im like can i get a kiss?!? So he gets all mad gives me one and leaves.. i didnt expect anything special i just wanted him to say something nice to me thats all. How would you feel about this?

***I txted him and he said to not expect anything special for my birthday. I told him i just wanted him to say something nice to me

UPDATE*****
Dh came home at his normal time after he got done with the gym while i was making his dinner he came up to me and said he was sorry for today. After he ate i said you still havent said happy birthday to me?! So he looked at me and said happy birthday the love of my life and handed me a gift card for this massage place that is for pregnant women! Ive been dying to go there so that made me happy. Of course he still didnt go to my birthday dinner but i still had fun. When i came home he gave he threw himself on me to make love kinda made me laugh but i went along with it! After he gave me nice long back run that put me to sleep :) its the little things that count
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

i'd wait and see if he does or says anything after he gets home from work before i got all upset.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm terrible about remembering birthdays.  DH does pretty good, though.

I'd say, give him a little bit of time.  I've never undertsood freaking out if it isn't on someone's mind first thing in the morning.  Maybe it's because I would forget my own if not for DH?  But he could be planning to surprise you, or he'll see a reminder somewhere and do something special and apologize.

Now, if you're going to come back with a "He's always like this, he never remembers, we never do anything special" then all I have to say is you're the one who married him.  Either work it out with communication or decide what you can live with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM
My dh did this to me this last year and when he realized he felt bad and made it up huge by getting something like everyday for a whole week like my favorite candy bar or he would take our dd to him friends to give me some extra mommy time. But if your dh isn't like that then I'd be really hurt to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM
4 moms liked this
That would make me feel really bad. It would hurt me more that he got mad that i wanted a kiss. Im sorry, happy birthday. I hope your day gets better.
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:54 AM
I would feel like it's super early and maybe he had a surprise waiting on you later today :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:54 AM
25 moms liked this
I would be reevaluating my marriage. Not because he didn't wish me a happy birthday but because he didn't thank me for making his food and because giving me a kiss goodbye is such an inconvenience to him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:55 AM
5 moms liked this

Birthday or not, why did he get mad because you wanted a kiss???

thelonebuffalo
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this
The day's not over yet.

Happy birthday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd be upset by that kind of attitude from him, period. Assuming he just thought it was any other day, he obviously is just fine with being a jerk to his wife. So what difference does a birthday make? You get placated with phony niceties that day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sillytroll
by Teehee on Apr. 14, 2014 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww, I'm sorry. Maybe he has plans for later? Happy Birthday!

happy birthday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN