Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be accepting if your child....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 362 Replies
2 moms liked this

Wanted to join the military or pursue some other high risk career?

My boys are still young but I find myself thinking about their futures and wondering who they will become as adults. While I will fully support and be proud of them no matter what they choose to do in life, I do hope they never want to join the military or become a police officer or firefighter. I would never voice this to them and I feel ridiculously selfish but  i would be a complete wreck knowing my child was going to a job everyday that is putting their life in danger.

I guess I'm just an irrational, overprotective mother!

anyone else feel the same way?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Yeah

Sil is military, and during the ft hood shootings mil was in a panic because that's where they are. Bil is going to join when he's old enough. I know it's rough on her as a mom
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Yes I would. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

i would support my children no matter what they do in life would i be scared for them yes but ik its not my life to live and they want their own things in life

Flouncy
by Cat Herder on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I would if they fully understood the risks involved but I would still be nervous.
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Dude, i will probably crying my heart out.
Nope, uh uh please baby Jesus do not let my kids do it, nope.
I rather he become a fruit seller then fo in the army.
But a cop or firefighter yeah sure.
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Yes I would. There is nothing like following your heart and doing something you feel passionate about, and I hope they choose a career they are passionate about.
Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I would support whatever they choose to do, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be scared and a little sad if they chose the military... :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:55 AM
I'm the same way with my ds6. He says when he is an adult he wants to join the army. I would respect his choice and I respect all of our troops. I also respect and aappreciate all safety personal firefighters, officers, etc. I'm with you though it scares the crap out of me.
mom4awesomekids
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Yes.
erica19791
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:57 AM
I would support any career my child wants to pursue. They both have heart murmurs so I don't have to worry about in the military, which makes me very happy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)