Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How did your partner help you while you were breastfeeding?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:09 AM
  • 130 Replies

How did your partner help you while you were breastfeeding?

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
He read a bunch of books and articles about breastfeeding. When I gave birth, he asked the nurses to get the lactation consultant immediately. He encouraged me when I wanted to give up. He told me every day how wonderful I was doing. When my milk tried to dry up, he went out and got me oatmeal and vitamins to help boost my supply. He is my biggest supporter.
Bitemebetty
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Without my husband I wouldn't have been able to. He was always giving support when. I struggled,he brought me my son in the middle night, he held him in position or pillows in position when I was trying to get the hang of it.
jslpruitt
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

He didn't. I did everything. I am a single mom now, so I still do everything.

LeilaBeansMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:16 AM
3 moms liked this
I guess he didn't really. I didn't need help with anything that I can remember. Baby was hungry, I fed baby. Life kept going. :) Not that he wasn't supportive of my breastfeeding, I just can't think of anything I needed "help" with while doing it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't know it was a group activity. lol! I've nursed 5 kids for 1-2 years each (no bottles) and I guess I can't see what exactly he would help out with?

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Every way possible. He helped me figure out how to position baby, helped me with their latch, and ran to buy me anything I needed. He watched me in the first few weeks when breast feeding caused me to fall asleep during nursing sessions. He helped position my cover in public. Sometimes he sat behind me and held the baby while they nursed. I worked nights and he drove baby to my job through out the night so they could nurse because they hated bottles. We went through this with 2 of our 3 kids.
He also supported me and reassured me when I made the decision to switch to formula with my first.
He was absolutely amazing all 3 times.
smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this

He didn't; he was very unsupportive.

JC2223
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM

He drove 2 hours into another state to get me the breast pump I needed (no local store had it in stock). He took care of DD while I pumped (DD was unable to latch, so I exclusively pumped for 15 months). He would help bag her milk for freezing and wash my pumping supplies. His most important job was to pick me up Non-Alcoholic beer which I needed to drink when my milk supply would decrease. Our local wine & spirit store didn't normally stock non-alcoholic beer but he asked for them to always have a 6 pack in stock for him in case I needed it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM
No partner. No help. Still nursed for 3 years :)
Scarpetta71
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

He didn't walk up in night, but he'd do his fair share of everything else and would do anything that needed doing while I was feeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)