Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How old were you when you moved out of your parents?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:20 AM
  • 359 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am 25 and moved back IN with my parents in January. Its only been 4 months and Im ready to move back out. They are great, I just need my privacy. "Saving money" is not worth it to me because Im not even saving money. So I make 2,000 gross a month plus a couple hundred with my side business. So net is about 1800 to 2k a month. The place I want to move into is 750 a month. I pay my college loan a month which is 120 and my car insurance which is 60. My phone bill I pay all at once (6 months in advance) to my dad which is 200 dollars. Anyway doing the math, do you think I would have a comfortable lifestyle living off about 100 extra bucks spending money per week? I usually just have my bank account full and spend how I chose without thinking much. Now I will have to be more careful which is good practice...back to normal LIFE you could say. No wonder I wasn't saving. Well tell me if you think it's a bit tight because people say you should make THREE times as much as you pay for rent, but I only make TWICE as much as what I pay for rent. Thanks in advance xox

Oh also I am afraid I will get lonely lol because there are no roommates, just me. I will miss my parents a little ! But here I am trying to get away from them for privacy reasons, I will get over that hump quickly right? Inviting guests over and what not? I've always lived with a friend, boyfriend or roommate. Never completely on my own. But I think it will be good for me. I am a single lady wanting to know I can rely on myself basically.  Thanks for any tippers! Have a good day! 

UPDATE I got the place!!

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redneckmama4
by Loree on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:20 AM
CrimsonEleven
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
3 moms liked this
17 and haven't been back thank God. I'm a jump in with both feet kind of girl. Just do it. You'll figure it out along the way.
sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
I moved out a few months before I turned 18, but I moved in with my bf. I've never lived alone lol. However after living with him for 7 years and having our ds5.....I think I'd enjoy some alone time
LyndaLoo78
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM

18. My room-mates always irritated me, we had to share the kitchen and bathroom and tv...and if I wanted my friends over or they wanted theirs the other person had to leave or lock themselves in their room if they didn't want to party :/

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Had my first house at 19.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlueSparrow
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:24 AM
I was 17.
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN