Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mamas with naturally dry, frizzy hair *General hair advice welcome*

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:19 AM
  • 76 Replies

How do you survive the summer? My hair is wavy and frizzy and looks a hot mess in the summer. I can flat iron it and 20 minutes later, it's back to wavy and frizzy. Help! This is my hair now, except it's lighter in person. All flat and nice and not humid. lol

Should I chop it off like this and just go funky with it?

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by β˜† No Ragrets β˜† on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Do it with the highlights & everything. Then all you have to do is throw some mousse in it and give it a quick fondling and you're finished.

mich2.0
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Do it with the highlights & everything. Then all you have to do is throw some mousse in it and give it a quick fondling and you're finished.

Do what? The short style? I giggled like a middle schooler at the idea of fondling my hair. lol

PoisonEyeV
by β˜† No Ragrets β˜† on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mich2.0:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Do what? The short style? I giggled like a middle schooler at the idea of fondling my hair. lol

Yes, like the picture you posted. Make like Nike and DO IT!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Flat ironing daily is going to make it dryer and more frizzy.  I'd go to a salon and ask about a haircut that will work with your natural textures.  Personally, the more I embrace my curls, the less frizzy and messed up they look!

Other tips:

Don't use shampoo every day.  That can really dry the hair out more.  Just use warm water to rinse. 

If you want to use hairspray, look for a type that doesn't have alcohol in it.  That dries your hair out even more.

Try more creams and mousses to get the texture you want.

cfcf
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM
I wouldnt do it...

If you have a problem. With your hair curling up in himidity, chopping it off won't stop that. It will still curl up, and with less weight holding it down it will probably curl up more.
elfling811
by Niki on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I use bio silk and frizz ease to control mine. I make an effort to tame it, but after all this time I just kinda let it do what it is going to do...lol
mich2.0
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Flat ironing daily is going to make it dryer and more frizzy.  I'd go to a salon and ask about a haircut that will work with your natural textures.  Personally, the more I embrace my curls, the less frizzy and messed up they look!

Other tips:

Don't use shampoo every day.  That can really dry the hair out more.  Just use warm water to rinse. 

If you want to use hairspray, look for a type that doesn't have alcohol in it.  That dries your hair out even more.

Try more creams and mousses to get the texture you want.

Sorry, wrong person. lol

mysticatgal
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM
I'd cut it or have deep conditioning treatments. I haven't had problems since I went shampoo free but it does take 2-3 months for your hair to adjust. Some shampoos and conditioners are worse for hair because they are so loaded with chemicals.
nopenope666
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM
If you think thats frizz, you would die if you were me.
mich2.0
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Quoting cfcf: I wouldnt do it... If you have a problem. With your hair curling up in himidity, chopping it off won't stop that. It will still curl up, and with less weight holding it down it will probably curl up more.

I know it will curl more but if I go shorter and funky, maybe it won't look so dumb when it does curl??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN