Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I thought I was obses but

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Mobile Photo

According to this app I'm just overweight by about 30+ pounds.

It says I should weight between 144-179 but last time I weighed 160 people thought I had a eating disorder or that I was deathly sick.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM
I wish I was as tall as you!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Its not all that great. Its hard to find pants and when it comes to shirts I can't get any that are tight because they won't cover my torso.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I wish I was as tall as you!!
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:10 PM
I have aunt who is 6ft and I used to try to "stretch" my legs, so I'd be as tall as her, lol. My father and brother are both tall too. I'm only 5'6.5" and yes, that half and inch is very important!!

Quoting Anonymous: Its not all that great. Its hard to find pants and when it comes to shirts I can't get any that are tight because they won't cover my torso.

polkaspots
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:13 PM
I'm normal, according to my bmi (not according to my mother though)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:13 PM

BMI is bullshit.  If I was their recommended weight (and I have been) people would think I was sick too.

Look at it this way, my cousin and I are six months apart in age and exactly the same height.  She looks her appropriate weight at a size 0.  That is her body frame.  She gained weight while quitting smoking and looked fat at a size 4.  She lost it again, looks great.

Me on the other hand, I looked like I was sick and dying at a size 4, and I look my best at a size 8-10, which for my height my BMI would say I was overweight.

Its all rubbish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:14 PM
People thought your were sick? Jealous jerks, I assume. I am 5 10, 135 and do not look sick. In fact, most think I am 28 instead of 38.
mary716
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Right? Omg I feel like a dang midget half the time and im 5 ft 4

mary716
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Yeah, if you look at a pro football player who is healthy as a horse, their BMI would top out as morbidly obese. It's blanket statement bullshit.

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

BMI is bullshit.  If I was their recommended weight (and I have been) people would think I was sick too.

Look at it this way, my cousin and I are six months apart in age and exactly the same height.  She looks her appropriate weight at a size 0.  That is her body frame.  She gained weight while smoking and looked fat at a size 4.  She lost it again, looks great.

Me on the other hand, I looked like I was sick and dying at a size 4, and I look my best at a size 8-10, which for my height my BMI would say I was overweight.

Its all rubbish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Wow you and i are exactly the same
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Lol!! My sister and grandmother are only 4'10". They have to have the airbags in their cars turned off!!

DH is the shortest guy I've ever been with. He's 5'10", I had to wear flats to my wedding. *sigh*

Annndddd... we've hijacked this poor lady's post!

Quoting mary716: Right? Omg I feel like a dang midget half the time and im 5 ft 4

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)